• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
greenthumb.gif

Kraig: If you need the knee room, install one of these. It’ll give you another 3 inches or so . . .

320713.jpg

Paul T., umm, yeah, that would be nice. Unfortunately not an easy, nor inexpensive, item to find.
icon_eek.gif
Is that one yours?

I've had uncle's, an aunt, and my grandfather served in Korea, Vietnam, and desert storm. I also have or do now work with veterans. My mother's brother was in Cambodia for 3 years, won't talk about it other than say he was there. I don't forget what Monday means for those who didn't return.

Thanks Charlie,
I got choked up this morning thinking about all the people/soldiers that fought, suffered greatly, and those who died for my/our freedom.

A little later, I became angry at the low-lifes that will not stand in honor of the flag that represents all of the citizens of the United States of America.
That not only disrespects all of the ones who fought, and those who died for our freedom, it disrespects all of us citizens.

God bless the USA.

I only wish I was old enough to hear my grandfather talk about Korea.

Marty, agreed.

Charlie, yeah.

Happily, after I'm done with helping dig a drainage ditch tomorrow, I'll get to deck #1 tomorrow. Might even paint the bottom of the deck!

I got a question for you guys , when you put a new clutch on how important is it to have the pressure plates cleaned up and machined ? I plan on getting them cleaned up but what if you don't. How much of a difference would it really make. I'm putting the oem disc on along with everything else.

Jonathan S.
If you don't resurface both clutch faces, your throwing your money away.
Just like a clutch in anything else, over time the plates get high spots, low spots and hard spots that need to be removed.
If you don't have a 6" belt sander, you can always to the 80 grit sandpaper thing on a really flat surface to get a good cross hatch pattern on it.
Just my 3 cents on the deal. Like that commercial said years ago, Pay me now or pay me later.
biggrin.gif

Only time I didn't clean up the discs, was when I stupidly installed the anti rattle springs wrong and chewed up a disc in 5 minutes. There was throwing money away on 2 new fiber discs on one clutch job

David S.
Good idea, everything has been moved to a Political views thread in the garage.

Remember guys & gals!
As long as we can all carry on an somewhat intelligent conversation with one another and NOT get PO'd about it, It's all good and the right way to be these days!!!

Oh yea! Just in case you forgot!
320716.jpg

In the 70/100 operator's manual (page 17) under operating pressure for tires, it lists the 23 X 8.50-12 tire for the 100 only.
In a brocure Kraig M. posted, it shows this tire on a 70.
Wonder why it lists this tire for a 100 only
1a_scratchhead.gif

The junky 128 that I drug home a year ago that needed just about everything including an engine is back on line earning it's keep.
I'm really pleased with tha 44A deck now that I have it dialed in.

320720.jpg

Walkin' the dog through the tall grass in "the swamp". The 128 in 3rd gear compound at WOT with the deck in upper notch.

320721.jpg

Aaron got some more of my money......

320723.jpg

Latest posts

Back