Archive through May 19, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the governor leak. Can a new bushing and rod be installed Externally? If not is there some other quick-fix besides inclosing it so it drips in a controlled area?

Tom, You will in all likelihood have to pull the engine and remove the pan at the very least to gain access to the governor assl'y for removal and replacement.

The brass bushing has to come out/off first. Best to refer to the FSM.

Of course, if the engine is completely apart, the governor, shaft, bushing and pin are the first parts to go in the block in the re-assl'y process.

I'll be up your way sometime this summer.
If you get the parts and have the engine out, I'd be glad to stick around an hour or 2 on the way to or from Hutchinson help you out

Dave

David, I appreciate the offer but I'm not going to pull the engine just to fix that leak.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
angry.gif
bash.gif
angry.gif
bash.gif
angry.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
angry.gif

Son of a biscuit!!! I dropped a cylinder on the "9" tonight. There was a loud bang with a puff of smoke out the front and it started running nasty. It still ran so I limped it to the trailer and checked the mufflers. The left side was fine and the right was not blowing much at all. No oil leaking out so I guess that's good. I'm guessing it broke a rod and still runs on one cylinder.
Since I've owned it, it has always used a lot of oil, but didn't smoke much. So I knew the day would come.
a_weep.gif

I'm gonna start a new thread in the CCC machines later after I cool off. Any help would be great.
I believe it is repairable, but I don't want to piss with it. I am good at the 7hp Kohlers, but when it comes to the 2 cylinders I'm a mess.
I'm going to bed now so I'll see you in the AM.
Thanks for letting me vent.
angry.gif

Looks like it's time for a Mag 20 swap....

Shultzie,
That stinks! I'm with Steve on this one. Mag repower. Onan parts are very pricey and some stuff is NLA. Sorry to hear it finally gave up the ghost...........

couple more pics..comin' along nicely. just need seals for the spindles, friction discs coming from ccs and going back together....

296710.jpg

296711.jpg

296712.jpg

296716.jpg

went to kaman bearing and they had a hard time matching pn's....long story short, ccs has 'em...that's where i went... $8.50 vs $13....no brainer and i wouldn't get all 6 til the end of june....just sayin'...

Latest posts

Back