• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 09, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seat time this morning consisted of grass cutting on my cub cadet 109

Ok Harry. I appreciate you pointing this out, might save me a lot of grief

Jim- Thanks for the tip on the mule drive. I've read the pdf tiller manual, but couldn't tell if there was a dedicated tiller mule. I read about switching to cast iron pulleys for durability, but our farm machinery used stamped pulleys with much greater loads.

The pictures in the manual almost look like the NF mule has its pulleys aligned like mine, but the WF looks parallel. That makes more sense for alignment.

Gary

Got the snowthrower and Windbreaker cab off of the #2 125 and got some parts removed from a parts Cub to send to a forum member. After I removed the snowthrower I noticed that the Bloodroots were in full bloom so I went in to get the camera to take some photos of them. As I came back out with the camera I liked the view of the 125 and SO76 from the kitchen deck so I snapped a photo.

286327.jpg

Hey Kraig - nice photo to add to your collection. Do you use the SO76? Looks like it would be nice for lawn work.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. Has anybody used the Low Friction Molded Brake & Clutch Lining from McmasterCarr for brake rebuild? I need to do my 109 and thought about trying this. It's $21 for a 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 sheet. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Good morning everyone and happy mothers day to all the great mom's out there.Have a question for the cub gods (hydro division),after sitting for maybe a week my 149 has no drive or reverse after starting for maybe a minute then slowly starts to work and works good with no issues.Bought this tractor last summer with this issue,cut grass all summer so its new to me compared to my manual tractors.Thanks for any help and have a great day.

Mike C.
If you have oval brake pads, use this one.

6175K812 Metal-Free Brake and Clutch Lining, 3/16" Thick, 1-1/4" Width.

If you have the crescent shaped pads,

6175K819 Metal-Free Brake and Clutch Lining, 3/16" Thick, 3" Width

keith Warwick

That issue you have could be the pressure spring that set the hydro pressure or the filter on the hydro. using the wrong type filter the fluid will drain back from the hydro pump and take a bit to pick the fluid back up.

Thank you for the reply Charlie. This site is a wealth of knowledge and has given me lots of great advice/ideas for the 109. Sure glad I found it in '10. Maybe a resto is a future project...

Latest posts

Back