• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck F,
Our own Kevin Dunham "Boner" has done it both ways.
28009.jpg

28010.jpg

28011.jpg

Here's another Red QL. This is a photo of a photo I took at an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealer in Wisconsin. The dealer had made the mods to this for a customer. IIRC it also had a repower. Note the side mounted light for night mowing, etc.

28017.jpg

Here's a red 1x9 from the same dealer this one also has a V-twin repower.

28018.jpg

I just bought a Brinley plow for my 149. I have the coulter, but do not see any way of attaching it to the plow. I think I am missing something. Does anyone have a pix of the attaching mechanism?

Been haveing quite a time with my cubs.
Removed the loader from the 102 after takeing out the clutch plate and driveshaft.
Installed the loader onto the 123. This only took a week to do. So today I go out to use the 123 and loader and after a hour working I loose both front bolts out of the mule drive bracket ( being used as a shield for the hydro pump), replace them and everything go fine for another hour when I see another bolt laying on the ground, this time the back bolt from the startes decides to back out half way than snap off. Had to remove the entire starter bracket to remove the busted bolt. While removeing the starter a hydraulic hose fitting gave up the ghost and started leaking oil, (this hose and fitting is less than 1 month old).
So! its off to the hardware store tommarrow to get another hydraulic hose and fitting, more hydraulic oil, and new bolts for the starter.
Its hard to get quality seat time when every other time you go to use one of your tractors, you end up haveing to repair something.

Some days it gust don't pay to get out of bed.

(Message edited by lbuttke on May 11, 2005)

Gee Lonny, it's a good thing you're not a pilot
lol.gif

Lucky you didn't have a mower blade come off or launch some other dangerous projectile.

<font size="-2">Do I really have to say it?</font>

Safety First. Fasteners are GOING to come loose. Preflight your Cub!

Digger,

I installed the deck tonite. It went pretty smooth thanks to the pictures you sent. The guy I bought the 72 and deck from modified it a little bit in the front where the main belt pulleys get adjusted but I fabricated a small piece and it should work fine. It's raining in Michigan so I can't cut till it's dry. Thanks again.

Keith

Bryan/Lonny,
"Good thing your not a pilot." Ain't that the truth!!!! Look what is happening to United employees. First it was Social Sucurity, and now this. Make me shiver.

Hey, thanks for the photos guys. If I get a second QL maybe I'll do it in red. But for now I think I'll stick to the old yellow and white.

I need a seat for my 1250, what do you recomend?

Chuck

Chuck-

Check the colorful boxes above and I'm sure one of them will be able to send a correct replacement seat out to you in the afternoon shipment.

Chuck...

i grafted a new Cub Cadet 2000 series highback onto my 149... looks and feel really nice!! i paid ~$95 through my cub dealer... i'm sure the guys that bob necker suggested could give us a better deal... i can post a pic tonight...

Lonny, I kinda know how you feel. I put the 42" mower deck on my #2 125 last night grabbed the top belt off my stack of 5 (all used) main drive belts as I figured this was the good one that I used all last year. Mowed one round of the lawn then some heavy grass around the garden area, started a second round of the lawn and the belt derails. I pulled the belt off to flip it over (a trick I learned from Dave Schmidt that usually works well) and it has a big tear in it so I tossed it and grab the second belt on the stack. I make about a round and a half and it derails. So I flip the belt over and it only makes a half round toss that one. I installed the third belt but this time I leave the grill screen off because I'm tired of nearly burning my hand on the muffler getting it on and off. Belt #3 was the good one it finished up the lawn. Tonight I'll put the grill screen back on. :eek:)

Kraig -

Sounds similar...
lol.gif

The king said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up.

King Arthur: You are indeed brave, sir knight, but the fight is mine.
Black Knight: Oh, had enough eh?
King Arthur: Look, you stupid b@$t@4d. You've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: Look.
Black Knight: Just a flesh wound.

King Arthur played by Kraig...
Black Knight played by the belt...

happy.gif

Bryan, I still have two belts to go. And if I flip them and the on that's on it now that's 5 more chances. :eek:)

Rick, Monty Python's Holy Grail is a classic and that scene is one of my favorites but with so many great scenes it's hard to narrow it down to a favorite. :eek:)

The 'buttons' that allow my 149 Hydrostatic to be towed / pushed for short distances will not go down to release [what I believe to be] the check valves in the transmission. How much pressure can be applied to them before the repairs get really expensive? I already need to replace the mechanism that was attached to the release lever.

Wayne K,
Get some PB Blaster or Kroil. Spray them down real good. Let'um set for a day, Wire brush them super clean all the way down as far as you can go,then tap them down just a little with a hammer. Take a pair of pliers, grabbing them as high as you can and twist them back and forth a little. When they do break loose, continue the above procedure until they go all the way down, but not far enough to where you can't grab'um with needle nose pliers and pull them back up. Once you do all that, you should be good to go

Latest posts

Back