Archive through May 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Digger. It looks like the front PTO clutch (Mechanical with brake) is still original as evidenced by the lack of the thrust & wear buttons and the trouble I'm having getting it adjusted. The service manual has decently detailed directions for replacing the whole assembly with a new one. How difficult is it really?

On my newly purchased 149, I have a yellow deck, with no model tag, looks to be about 44" cut and uses 5/8 belts. It has 4 wheels on the deck and is badly out of height adjustment. Do the 4 wheels ride the ground and I make adjustments with them or do I adjust the hangers keeping the wheels off the grass? Thanks

Wayne K,
Why not rebuild it. They are pretty simple.
CLICK HERE

Dave G.
Depending on which CCC or MTD deck you have, you could be SOL!

worthless.gif

i shoehorned a honda 24 hp ohv into my 982, i used the honda muffler and didn't have to cut the air cleaner cover. quite a job but works great and quiet. i don't recommend small engine wharehouse installing these units, but they seem to have a good price on the engine. i can provide more info if anyone needs it.

Dave you need to adjust the lift link/s that connects your deck to the rockshaft arms. The wheels should not have the weight of the deck on them. Deck wheels should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the ground with deck in desired cutting height on level surface.

I just came in from working on my 1250, it all went together for the most part without any hastle. However, I jacked up the tractor so I could adjust the brakes and I hook up the battery and start it up and the tires start moving. (ok, so I have to adjust the speed lever) however, it is way out of whack... in neutral I think its in reverse. At full forward speed it seems to be in neutral. What the heck is going on here? Could fixing the trunion and installing new springs really throw it this far out of whack? Or did I do something really really wrong here?

WHen I had the rearend out of the tracktor it slipped out of my hands and put a little dent in the hydro filter. How damaging could that be? Did I just toss 11 bucks down the tubes?

Chuck

Chuck F:

The information you are looking for, is the GSS-1464 Service Manual - page 2-57. It would be highly recommended, that you obtain this manual. It can be obtained from your local CC Dealer or any of the Forum Sponsors. In the meantime, here is the adjustment procedure for your problem:
28043.jpg

Since you damaged your hydro filter, in my opinion, I would recommend that it be replaced due to the fact that it may not seal properly, and leak.

Hope this helps,

Roland,

Just went through the proceedure and it worked great, thanks!

Chuck

Hello everyone,
Brand new to the board. Just purchased a 1970 Model 107. Already mowed with it once. Think I'm going to like this machine. Has anyone converted the hand hydro lever to foot operated? I'd hate to lose the originality but it would be more convinient.

I have a 129 that I am putting a shortblock K301 into this weekend. Has been bored out so is now a K321. My question is do I have to do any mods to the carb due to the increased displacement? It is I believe an original Kohler carb #26 and only differece I can see in my carb manual is the main jet size? I don't see any different part numbers listed on the breakdowns in the Carb Ref Manual but page 3.1 lists different main jet sizes. One I see for the K301 is 0.048 verses 0.060 for the K321. Are these jets fixed and have to be drilled, or if replaceable I don't see part numbers for the jets themselves? Hoping to get some good cub time in this weekend. Grass is getting a bit high!
Thanks in advance, Bill
smile.gif

Hi All,
My name is Michael Wells, I have a 95 electric cub cadet rear engine/motor rider. I have been tring to find some information about these. Are they rare, is it worth fixing?? Thanks andy help is greatly appreciated!!

I'm needing to know what is the correct throttle shaft repair kit for my 682 with a KT17 Series I engine with the Kohler carb. One of the above sponsor has one that specifies letter "F". Don't know if that's the one I need and my manual doesn't have the kit at all just the carb and float kits.

Just picked up an M18 that has the remote oil filter. Is there an adapter that can put it on the side of the engine like the later models or was that rig built into the block?

Thanks

According to my carb ref manual that should be a kit number 25 757 02 for the shaft repair kit on the KT17. The shaft replacement kit is 25 757 05.

Bill

I had a Cub 70 follow me home last week and there is a small leak in the Gas tank on the Right side bottom. It looks like someone attempted a repair here previously and it did not take. I would like to replace the Tank if I can find one. I do not see one at our Sponsors, any suggestions? If I must repair what is the best way to do this?
Thanks, Herb

My 149 is missing the Pin Assembly, Float Lockout. It seems to shorten the throw of the hydraulic lift. Is this something that is removed while plowing? Thanks.

hey guys first post just got a question went to cc specialties web site but it's not there any idea what happened

Latest posts

Back