Archive through May 03, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
darn I got here to late to do my share !
lazerburn.gif

I always miss all the fun !!!

Thanks Travis - now I understand. I half expected Ken to post some animated reptile
happy.gif

Calvin -- everytime I post pics of myself the guys start yelling at me 'cause their womenz folk starts saying my name in their dreams
happy.gif

<font size="-2">or was it me in my dreams</font>

Well at least I don't camp out in the backyard so I can run in the house to read the forum !
roflol.gif

but I have been known to run an extension cord out to the tent to watch tv

Wyatt,

Do you mean an Indian Chief like this one???
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

18486.jpg

I was out measuring some ROW for a gas main job this afternoon. The ROW was along Rte. 150 and adjacent to some vacated RR tracks (rails and ties pulled up, only roadbed remaining). I kept hearing an engine noise but couldn't place it, then out of the blue a little old guy comes crusing down the RR ROW on what I first thought was a Willys Jeep.......until he got closer......he was on a 1/4 scale Jeep!!!!

Actually a Roof "Palomino" riding mower!!!!!!

18488.jpg

18489.jpg

18490.jpg

18492.jpg

18491.jpg

It was complete except for a replacement seat and some replacement donut spare tires. At one time it had a belly mower just like a Cub (long since gone). It has an 18hp Kohler twin in it and it dates to the late 60's. The hood opens just like a Jeep to reveal the engine!!

The owner said it was original paint and that he uses it every day (to putz around the local farm fields etc). His trusty sidekick wasalong for the ride.

What a COOL and RARE toy!!!!!! I had heard of these before (and a Snapper version) but had never seen one in person. Truely a minerature Willys in every way except 4wd!!!!!!

OK, who wants one???!!!

Opps, heres the front of this little thing...see the hood latch in the top center of the grill???

18494.jpg

Hey Steve- You find me one'a those Palominos, and I'll make it 4wd for 'ya. We'll put in a Command 25 in front of a tranny/t-case combination and a quartet of 26-12-12 ags, and you can enter it in Four Wheeler's Tough Truck Challenge... I'll bet you'd place pretty well, too, but I'd recommend a slightly lower, and perhaps 'more conformal' seat... and a roll-bar.

Actually, we could rip this 500cc liquid-cooled V-twin out of my Honda CX-500D, and butcher a Cub axle (replace the ring-gear with a big chain sprocket, fit cardan-joints to each axleshaft) and place it in the frame as a full-time transfer case...

Regarding wiring diagrams for the 147 electric lift... there are low-res scans of diagrams posted at many sites, I'm certain that a google-search will get you tonight-results. As far as wiring goes for the lift, check to see that power is actually appearing at the lift's connector (thereby eliminating possibility of fuse or power-supply wiring problems). Rig a temporary ground for testing, and if grounding is a problem follow the ground-path wire and see where it terminates. If ground AND power are good, there's a possibility that the motor has one bad winding or commutator pole... and once it's off that one bad pole, it'll seemingly run fine under no load...

(Message edited by dkamp on May 03, 2004)

Steve -- glad ya had your camera handy !
happy.gif

Struck had a nice little jeep style too ... man I'd sure have gave a threaded hex for one of those when I had my garden and 1100 acres to roam on !!

Well tonights NEW IMPROVED anima is in bad taste I know but keeping up with the times (as bad as humanity has gotten) I've redone the POOF!

It may disapear with the previous POOF! but here goes ...

18496.gif

<font size="-2">keep those cards and letters folks</font>

Steve -- what was the drive train composed of ?

Dave -- I've got a hood here you might be able to identify ... nobody else has. I'll see if I can find the pic and email it to you.

If my buddy in KS had that Roof for a couple of weeks he could make us a repodruction body and I have 2 lonely cubs and a bunch of engines ...
Steve take measurements !!!

Steve-
I think that's close, seems as though it was just a headdress or something. I just have poor memory to remember!

Well, if you all remember the aux hydro pumps that I WAS (as in the past) selling, they went through several changes. I am shipping the last three out today. It sure was a nice little adventure, it helped me buy lots of cub tools. Some of the tools that I was going to make were able to be purchased instead. Here are some pics of the final handle assembly that I used, it was much better than the first one. For those of you who fabricate, it is amazing that with each one made, the quality gets better and better. All of my mods came from trial and error.

The first 2 pics are from generation 1.
The second 2 pics are from generation 3.

18500.jpg

18501.jpg

18502.jpg

18503.jpg

Several people have ask me where I have been since they have not seen me post for a while or at least very rarely. The truth is I have been pouring my resources into building a iron melting furnace called a cupola. I will be using this furnace to cast IH reproduction wheel weights. I guess I want 3-4 big stacks like Wyatt's picture shows (at least I think it is Wyatt's, that was long ago). I hope to have my first weights cast by the end of the summer.

(Message edited by jluckey on May 04, 2004)

(Message edited by jluckey on May 04, 2004)

Hey David! I can't directly tell if the cap bolts were on tight or not, as the rod fragments AND bolts are laying nicely in the bottom of the pan. I'm assuming they were, simply because there aren't any interferance marks on the bolt heads or pan-block to suggest that adverse contact was made. The piston as almost at TDC, and my assumption (which may be wrong) is that it was thrown there when the rod came apart.

I'll put a strainer underneath this patient, and hose it out with the parts-washer and see if anything else comes out, and get a really close look. I'll rinse out all the parts and attempt to assemble 'em back together (like we do with trains, aircraft, and spacecraft) and see if there's any clues in the wreckage.

Ken- did you want ME to identify a hood? If so, send pictures and I'll take a gander...

I saw a pedal tractor on here the other day, and couldn't resist showing off my first project witht the new sandblaster!

18505.jpg

18506.jpg

18507.jpg

I found it in my father's garage. It was bought brand new at TSC in 1976 and cost $94

(Message edited by trentschler on May 04, 2004)

Tom R. -

Nice job on the cardboard box backdrop, too
lol.gif

Looks nice Tom!

I was just thinking about my "missing" wheel weight yesterday Jon...
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back