• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 31, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith, at least 3/16". Also that drawing is for the lift straps that don't float, i.e., they have downforce. For using a plow you'd want to connect the 3 holes into a slot like on THESE

Art,
whistling.gif

Remco, the pedestal is the part that has the dash and where the steering column is mounted into, it also has the battery mount.

Art, thanks for pointing it out!
So the pedestal is the bit where the steering wheel etc is in?

Should the PTO bearing (#12 below) be a pretty tight fit on the crankshaft, or should it slide onto the crank easily like a S/G pulley?

81831.jpg

Matt, it should be fairly snug, not too tight not too loose. If there is any surface rust on the crankshaft it will be harder to slide on, so clean that up with a little emery cloth or steel wool.

Remco, the parts drawing that Matt posted below shows all the parts that you would need for the PTO clutch on your 123.

Matt-
I've seen them both ways.

I say as long as you can tap the bearing in the correct spot on the crank without wrecking it, or if it's loose, use the cam-locking ring to tighten it down, you should be good. I think they should slide on by hand, but rust and/or a slightly damaged keyway can hinder that.

Just don't do what I once did which was to tap a new bearing tightly on the crank and then have to wreck it getting it back off because I forgot to put the locking collar on first!
bash.gif

Kraig, thanks for the picture of the pedestal :)
It looks just like mine, but without the big hole :)))

And thanks for pointing me to that drawing. So... if I find all the parts... what can I use that PTO for???
And is there a similair drawing for the rear hydraulic lift? As I would really like one of those!

Best wishes,

Remco

Remco, the front PTO would be used for powering a mower deck, a snow thrower, a shredder, a rotary tiller and many other attachments. If you click on the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" button at the top of the page and enter in 123 then select 123 from the list that shows up you can see all sorts of exploded views of the parts and attachments for your 123.

Art / Kraig -

Thanks for the heads-up. The end of the shaft & keyway is indeed a bit banged up. I'll spend some more time with the wire brush and file to clean things up.

Another related question. A locking collar came in the same bag with the bearing. I also got a separate locking collar to be sure. The separate collar mates up to the back of the bearing, but is much too big for the crankshaft. Anyone else run into this?

Matt, I believe the locking collar is loose on the crank, that is until you slide it onto the bearing and rotate it, then it should lock the bearing onto the crank. Also the locking collar will lock in either rotation but there is a correct rotation to it. The manual states to lock the collar in the direction of crankshaft rotation.

81833.jpg

Kraig, I read that exact text in the manual and never picked up on the engine rotation deal. DUH!

Thanks!

all the hype about the pto clutch bring a ? to mind and im sure someone has answered this before.
how do i get the clucth off if the set screws wont come out. i got all of them out but one set the outer one is stripped out. will the clutch come off another way or do i have to drill out the screws,jared

Hello Gentlemen,
I am looking for ag tires for my cub the size is 23x10.50x12. Does anyone know of a tire marker who makes this tire.

thank you
mark

Mark H.
There are many tire manufacturing companies that make those tires.
Carlisle is one of the more popular ones.

Mark H - There are several brands that offer 23x10.50x12 tires. First, I recommend you check the sponsors at the top of this page. If they don't carry them, you could post an ad in the Wanted to Buy area of the Classifieds on this site. (A search on Google or any other search engine for '23x10.50x12 ag tires' should yield several options, too.) I have a pair of Carlisle Super Lug's on my 782, that I bought from a fellow member of this forum (thanks again, Vince!). I plowed with them last fall and was very pleased. Good Luck.
thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Charlie's too fast - beat me to it.

Lip-
He said "gentlemen". I think that means he wasn't talking you you.
beer2.gif

<font size="-2">Or Ken for that matter!</font>
angel.gif

Can one of you guys tell me how many amps the starter gernerators and quietline generators put out. My 1250 keeps burning the stators out and don't want to rplece it more than one more time. With the price of the s/g's I would like to avoid that problem on my 129's as well.

Thanks gang.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back