• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpeterson

displayname
Glenn Peterson
Well guys, still another 4x4 articulating. Just finished the winter project and must say it was quite a challenge. Decided it would have the cast iron rear ends along with a 3 cyl. diesel which made this a project (just barely enoungh clearance) so challenging. Overall I'm happy with the way it drives and handles, however can't wait to hook it to a plow for the real test.
Will shoot a few pic's to show how it turned out and make a plee for some rear tail lights(only thing unfinished) which I have been unable to find. Just a note did miss out on a nice pair on the For Sale adds, but that's the way it goes. Thanks to Charley for venturing out in the cold and taking pictures and all for helping with needed info. Glenn

223089.jpg

223090.jpg

223091.jpg

223092.jpg

223093.jpg

Now that's pretty cool. Why the 3 hydralic levers on the side?? 4 outlets on the front and 4 in the back as well. Shouldn't you have 4 levers? I'd love to see that think pull a plow. I suggest making like 3 or 4 furrow on land plow for it. Now that would kick some @$$ at a plow day!! Great job!

GLENN - I checked up in the Parts look-up above, and in the manuals and that 4882 is not listed, even GOOGLE didnt return any hits.
What exactly did you use for a 3-cyl. diesel on the repower. Wouldn't have a turbo would it?

I really like the three hyd remotes! VERY nice work all around the tractor. Looks a lot like a "Super 70 2+2"!

Glenn,
You've done it again! very nice.I like the way you stuffed the 3pt lift arms up under the fenders..
what size tires did you use? are they the same size as your JD version?
Very nice job.

That just looks tuff, from the stripe to the way it sits with those tires. Nice. Got any in progress pics, cause I'm curious about how different guys put different things together.

Mike P. Have been working on plow(3/10's on land)that I hope to try out when this winter in the north country is finely over. The Left lever runs the 3 point, Middle one the left ports, Right one the right ports, both of those levers run the front and rear ports with a lock out on the front ports.

Dennis F. The engine is a Yanmar 854cc non turbo, but you never know, maybe in the future. Always enjoy your comments and expertice no matter what forum.

Darryl S. Thanks, a comment coming from you has a deep meaning to me, your 1450/4 was my inspiration to build both the IH and JD. The tires are Deestones 6.00x14(27inch. tall) with a 2.75 inch. spacing between the duals. It does move right along on the road!

Dave R. I do have a lot of build pictures, however do not have them in order yet. Will include a few, hope that helps?

223152.jpg

223153.jpg

223154.jpg

223155.jpg

Glenn. Thanks. I'd enjoy all the pictures of that whenever you get them.

Yes Glenn, tell us more and if you want to make me a grill like that I would love to buy it from you!

Glenn~
Hard to tell in the pics but did you include any articulation in it? Specifically what did you do for when you drive it over uneven ground? Every other one I have seen has joints in the middle to allow for articulation(including mine)so that all 4 tires can stay on the ground when going over a curb or furrow for example.

Glen,
That is an awesome machine! Nice job! Way Cool!

I too would like more details about the grille. I'm soon going to start building a similar one for my puller so any help or tips you can give me would be appreciated.

have any of you guys had any dealings with any of the vendors that make repower kits for 1250-1650 and 682-782 cubs. i see small engine ware house and jims. anybody got any advice here. i'm thinking about the briggs v-twin.
are these repower kits a good idea or are there any other ways to spend less and do some engineering on my own and come out with the same result plus save money. for instance if i buy the engine at northern tool can some one suggest who makes a kit to get the drive shaft hooked up and what do i need to do to get the pto going?
also is there a forum especially for this modification? need your help, thx

Well was thinking its been like forever and a few days since ive posted and thought i would jump start this page - then Doug beats me to it...

Glen, your tractor got me to get the creative tools out and start up some new products. As we saw, grumpy smurf was poking around and got a sneak peak of the fork attachment for the tractors with sleeve hitch lifts on them. Then those pics got all shot up like ducks on opening day of duck hunting.... So back to the drawing board and shazam... a couple of new models.
227422.jpg

227423.jpg

That is the "Economy Model" which is lifting 280# of weight with a 1650
227424.jpg

227425.jpg

This is the "Deluxe" model that is using parallel lifting arms. It keeps the load flat, but has a limited lifting range.

We tested them at Charlies and he had some fun - and there should be some videos floating around of him using the lifts. If we egg him on a little, he might share!! LOL

Did some work on a new style of rim.. It is a 16 spoke rim center that can be welded at any offset for a custom look.
227426.jpg

227427.jpg

This is one of them painted with some newer cub cadet tires on them.

Needed something to put them on - so tried them on the newest project....
227428.jpg

Also added the heavy duty tie rod for my loader tractor.
227429.jpg

227430.jpg

Araon - I like eating duck
Shotgun.gif

I still don't like the "horizontal" hookups , I think there's to much stress on the same plane. How much lift and leveling would be lost if you put the top link mid way of the headboard ?

Otherwise the build looks great.

How much for the wheel centers ? I've got some 4 bolt 12x12s ...

Aaron S.
You should know by now that no matter what you design or make, it's not going to please everyone!

Personally I think anything that can lift 300+ pounds is quite an achievement and survive the testing/playing we did with it is quite a feat IMO!

Aaron S. WOW!!! Those items are cool. Would it be posible to set those rims to making some "custom" steel wheels for the Cubs and other brands?
greenthumb.gif

Aaron, cool stuff!

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

As we saw, <font color="0000ff">grumpy smurf</font> was poking around and...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
227437.gif

sorry.gif

Latest posts

Back