• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, FYI, I started a spreadsheet with Cub Cadet weights for the FAQ. I've got a pretty good start on it.

Your a good man Kraig.
beerchug.gif

Ron, Kraig.
The only thing I do is scrape off the large deposits of carbon with a putty knife and than use a wire brush on my cordless drill to clean them up.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
Another question: Do I have to drop the front axle to get the front motor mount bolts out of the 1200? I can't get a wrench or ratchet on them.

This is my first 1450. I done the engine cradle up grade...thanks to Digger..used the newer ih mounts. I am very satisfied with the way it turn out..very solid. a little shake a mid throttle, smooth at full throttle. I also went though the motor. Just having fun!...lets plow!
53931.jpg

53932.jpg

CD Long
Removing the creeper gear from your 1200 is easy,just bring it over to my place and I will have it removed for you in no time flat.

You will need the longer driveshaft after removing the creeper gear, but removing the creeper is not much of a chore, just a pita as you need to either get the tractor up in the air or crawl under it to get to the drive pins and bolts that hold the creeper on, now if you have a removable tunnel cover on the 1200 it will be a whole lot easyer, remove the cover, drive out the driveshaft pin. BUT befor you do any of this you WILL need to unhook the driveshaft from the motor, disasemble the drive shaft clutch and springs to remove all the tension of the springs as you will need these parts later to install on the longer driveshaft and it is easyer to disasemble them in the tractor than out and a lot safter. You may need to remove the motor to disasembel the clutch.
You know its a whole lot easyer for me to do than type out the instructions.

CD
Stick a floor jack under the axle on one side and lift up that side, work on the opisite side front motor bolt.
Raiseing the tractor this way alows the axle to drop, giving you more room to work with.

I have the entire tractor up on jackstands. The axle is floating & I still can't get on the front motor mount bolts.

forgot something about the 129 when it was running. It had a lot of smoke coming from the breather behind the carb. Serious problem?

Back