• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S.

It is hard to tell if the two sets of bearings are different in the pictures. The cups seem like they are different, but I don't have them in my hands. The second picture indicates the cup material is softer, the first appears OEM. The ball retainers seem very similar, nylon.

BTY - I never assume all parts are production OEM on a IH CC I buy, most are but some could be???

Jim

Billy D.
Unless you have really soft sandy PERFECT ground, a creeper is a must.
1st gear without a creeper is just to fast for tilling.

David S.-

The bearing races in your middle photo are what you'll get if you buy new ones from CC today.

Billy, skip adding the must needed creeper and use it for an exsuse to get another cub. This time find a hydro 109 twin for your 108.

Thanks everyone, the tiller is out- I don't have a pile of money to pour into it right now, and it appears to me that is what it will take. I'll have to get the tiller, creeper, the 3 point, both belts, AND another mule drive. I'm looking at roughly $1000 for everything. My little Troy Bilt will have to suffice for a while longer......

Jeff, I would LOVE another Cub- but I don't want a hydro, I love my gear drives (SORRY!
angel.gif
)

Attachments

• angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 116
Billy as long as it has an
ihrotate.gif
on your ok.

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 112
Matt...
Is that the IH-71930-C91 bearing & cup set??

Think I will use both the bearing sets in the upper picture and tge one good cup. I took apart a 1450 tower and column I had setting here and found another decent cup but the worm gear is all pitted on the bottom of it.. The original WG is in good shape but the shaft is junk as is the shaft from the 125.

I can use the shaft from the 1450 and the WG from the 126 and make a new one although I will have to shorten it by 2" as the 1450's were 2" longer. Not a problem.

Thanks Jeff. The only other tractor I own is an old Sears Suburban. The reason I have it is because it was my Grandfathers. My uncle had it before me, and he blew up the original Tecumseh. It currently has an 8 horse Briggs on it.

The transaxle is stuck in reverse, so tomorrow I am going to rip it out and try and fix it. I hope it is a simple fix, because I don't want to get rid of it. I never had the chance to meet my Grandpa, and this is the bulk of what little I have left of him.

To keep it Cub related, I got the oil changed yesterday, and soon I will be putting the deck on it. There was a gasket on the drain bolt that was junk, so I made a new one out of some cork material I had. Doesn't leak, so I assume it is good to roll!

Billy,
All you need is a Brinly plow, disc, and cultivator to have a garden!
I do not have a tiller, and I have a garden every year.

Latest posts

Back