Archive through March 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

Yes, I did. #90 of the cubfaq “How do I add Hydraulics to my Wide frame tractor?” doesn’t cover half of what is required and should be redone, or another one titled “How do I convert a 682 into a 782”. I took a lot of pictures. Maybe Charlie can talk me into doing a write-up of this if he feels it's necessary.

Well with the weather starting to get better, I would like to get a steering wheel cap for my 982.
But what is the "correct" one for a red 982?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks.

I have a question about my K301 I have a new crank shaft and connecting rod for a k 321 14 hp and I need a crank shaft and rod for my k301, will the 14hp work in the 12hp they look identical and it fits in the 12hp, im just looking for a second opinion cause the part # is different for the crank but the speck in the manual are the same. thanks for any imput

222821.jpg

Wayne

I hope you understood my email. Lift out the 9 plungers and the retainer and the washer under the 9 plungers.Tap pin down on left side in this picture. Its a two piece pin so you tap it down a little and it will hit the case(bottom out). buy rotating the swash plate using the hydro controls the pin will move out of the way so you can get the second piece of the pin out. The right side pin accost from the hydro controls is just a small pin and will tap straight out. So two small pins on the hydro control side and one pin on the other side. I hope this makes sense ! Don T

Darren Sterley

I think 10,12,14 hp use the same crank and 16 hp use a different crank.
1a_scratchhead.gif

DONALD - The 10 HP K241 is only 2-7/8" stroke so different crankshaft & rod. The K301 (12hp) & 321(14hp) and 341(16hp) all have the same 3-1/4" stroke.

DARREN - Been a while since I studied my parts books, the crankshaft from a K321 should work O-K in a K301. The different part numbers I think has to do with a different size counterweight cast into the crankshaft, the K321 being larger/heavier to offset the slightly larger/heavier piston. But it should work. You might want to consider balancing the engine. Dave Kirk, upper left corner brightly colored box above balanced my K321 several years ago. Did an excellent job. You could UPS him your crankshaft, piston, rod, rings, & keepers. Contact him to make sure that's all he needs.

Thanks for the input guys,i was thinking it would work, I just wanted to make sure I didn't put it all together and have a time bomb when I was done.
I didn't think about getting it balanced that's a good idea, ill do that.

Dennis Frisk

Thanks for the correction, Its been a a$$backwards day.1.5 hrs on the phone trying to get a number changed in my postal code
bash.gif

Does anyone know if there is anyone making a tire with a similar tread pattern as the Goodyear Terra's?
222830.jpg

122 starter won't quit.
I rebuilt the S/G, and put a new voltage regulator on it. Started it up, shut it down, and the starter kept going. Had to pull a battery cable to stop it. Searched the archives, but all I could find was "whack the regulator". Any better ideas?
thanks

Gary K., I hope others will jump in here but, The 2 situations I remember in recent times was regulator contacts welding closed, thus the constant running. I know you said new regulator but...
If you dont already have one, pull up a wireing diagram for your tractor from the section on the bottom of home page for 'wiring diagrams'. That could help others help you. Good luck.

I have a question for those of you who use your wideframes for moderate farming. I have acquired these three garden implements from my grandfather. They all have the same type of mount setup. I have a 1650 that I am going to eventually put the stock rear lift kit for the rear. What else would be needed to make these work on my 1650 parts, mods, etc. Thanks so much!

Chad

222843.jpg

222844.jpg

222845.jpg

those pesky footrest bolts. patience will prevail. first time I have used my dremel in 15yrs.

222855.jpg

222856.jpg

222857.jpg

Chad, those parts won't work. Send them to me for upgrades. When I have finished I will send them back. Around 2050.

Gary,

Your starter solenoid has to be stuck. Hit that with a hammer lightly. That would be the first place that I would start.

Tim P.

I am not one to stop with "those wont work." Ken, or anyone else, would you mind helping me see or understand what cutting, welding, adding, etc. must happen to make them usable. Maybe a picture of an implement with a 1650 compatible hook-up would help. Thanks again.,

Chad Mize, those look like implements for the older Sears Suburban three point system. It was about a three-quarter size Category 0 setup. You could weld up a sleeve hitch adaptor for them, or maybe even use them with your CC three-point hitch with some finagling.

Latest posts

Back