• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick M,
26485.jpg

Which crosses over to the number you have, KH-47-853-29

Sorry Charlie (hehe!), so that is the correct part number for the whole assembly?

Well I don't have any snow pictures like Charlie, but I did mow the grass today and trimmed some tree brances that were getting too low for the cab on my 782.

26487.jpg

Rust

Digger -- Perhaps you've interpreted my comment a tad too harshly. I don't have a heated garage or workshed, and the tools and mechanic's availability I had when I worked on my brothers' farm are long gone. But sitting in the shade of a nice garage on a summer's day, perhaps I'd do some hand sanding and touch up. My comment was trying to reflect that I view these machines as more than a piece of iron, and they deserve respect and care. I neither have the time, nor the place, nor the skill to make them seem as stunning as some of the photos here reflect their owner's devotion to keeping them as new as possible. I'd like to use the thrower for a long time, and while there is no major damage that I can see, it is 20+ years old, used every winter for a working machine. If I can heal some scrapes, and slow the deterioration, that's what I'd like to do. So, out comes the wire brush and beer and perhaps a bit of a touch up, 'eh?

Need the spec. for the hoist and dump cylinders on a #10 Johnson Workhorse Loader. Thanks!

Thanks Charlie. I might need help with one more oddball part if I can't find it tonight.

RICHARD - What model of saw is that sitting in front of Your Q/L? Looks a little bigger than My 025. I have 50-60 trees on My 2+ acres so trimming trees is a favorite past time of Mine in the summer. Always shady, cool breeze, enjoy a couple malted beverages, get to play with all kinds of power tools.....Sure makes mowing easier on the paint afterwards. ;-)

Denny I bet that is an 029 farm boss...

Looking for some input from somebody who has put an upright muffler on there cub how far away should the muffler be so you don't burn the paint on the hood? or isn't that a problem. thanks Rob

Rob - I was just looking for info on that this morning. Across the street (Don't shoot me guys!
happy.gif
) in the CD1 area, mods, is a series of pictures and drawings.

In one set of the drawings, they put a 4" x 6" heatshield, welded to the mufler.

Someone with some time and a welder should make some of those and sell them. I'd buy one! (I don't have a welder or the space for one for that matter!)

(Message edited by rmunday on March 22, 2005)

Rick M,
OK, let me get this straight, so bear with me here!
You find something on another website, or across the street as so many call it, It's the damn registry, it's no secret,THEN, truck your little fingers over here and ask how to do it or if someone will do it!
Hmmmm, I'm wondering why you dint ask your question on the site that you found it on.
Is there a specific reason that you don't think that the guys that made theirs couldn't answer your question or supply you with one?
Help me understand the thinkin behind it if you would be so kind.

Heat shield, shmeat shield, who needs 'em...

26504.jpg

Haven't burned a bit of paint - just a bit of soot where the mufflers join the pipes...

Of course, that might be because I didn't go with piecing together a buncha fittings from the local plumbing supply store...
wink.gif

Bryan,

Heck no.....you have an engineered exhaust system!!!!!

Rob-
if you went straight out the block and up the side of the hood, I'd say you might be a little hot for paint & decals. Keep in mind what the paint looks like on the shield over the muffler on your tractor, they are fairly close to the muffler and might discolor slightly, but not likely much. Decals on the other hand, depending on what material they are could discolor or shrink. The OEM foil-printed decals like that on a 70 I wouldn't worry too much about, but a die-cut reproduction I might worry about.

I suppose it might depend on the restriction in the muffler too, if the pipe was straight thru, it probably won't hold enough heat to radiate to destroy paint or a decal.

I know the pulling tractor we made at ISU we just wrapped the exhaust in "header tape", the stuff's not real cheap, but works well.

SB -

Well, it was more of a "seat of the pants engineered" exhaust system. Absolutely amazing how Dan can put stuff together with only the vaguest of idea of what I wanted
lol.gif
Tedd can vouch for that!

Obviously he must work with marketing a lot!
roflol.gif

BRYAN - Are You saying "Marketing People are Clueless"? Thought I was the only one who realized that.... ;-)

Denny -

Did I say that? No, Dilbert did
lol.gif

Charlie
happy.gif
I wasn't going to ask someone to build it. I offered a suggestion that someone could make them and probably sell a few or at least one
happy.gif

Some of us don't have garages full of tools (or a garage for that matter!)
clappy.gif

I spent some quality cub time today working on the loader project. The tractor is curently sitting in the basement of my local true value hardware store and I got to work on plumbing the hydrulic lines without haveing to but a lot of parts, use what I need, take back what dont fit, yada yada. It is nice to have all the stuff right there at the store, go up to the shelf, take what yoy think you need , try it, if it fits put it on, and go and get the next pice. All I have to do is keep tract of what I use and they will total up all the parts when I am finished.

Back