• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 18, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwatson

displayname
Brian Watson
You guys talking about electronic ignition for the old Kohler K series, what about a system like the Mallory Unilite? I upgraded an old Mallory YL dual point distributor to the Unilite breakerless system. It made one heck of a difference in the 351W/4 speed I had in a '71 Grabber Maverick. The Unilite uses an infrared led with a shutter on the rotor. Kind of looks like a hall effect system except the slots in the shutter are much smaller. As I remember the module bolted in place of one of the points like those Pertronix Ignitor systems.

Larry S,

My 982 was showing discharge when the PTO was energized a few years ago, don't remember the amperage. The problem was the voltage regulator, but I wasn't blowing any fuses. 15 amp discharge is alot(the Onan in my 982 only generates 20 or 30 amps). Never worked on a elec PTO, but I would think it has a coil. The resistance of the coil can be measured with an ohm meter and compared to expected values (low ohm reading would indicate high current draw). Maybe someone has this information, assuming I am correct about the PTO having a coil. Or some may tell you to buy a service manual, but I will not, I don't have one either.
Jim

Man!
Yesterday we had no snow and today we got 11" of this wet heavy crap!
The QA36A with blower improvements did a lot better than I though it would in heavy wet stuff!
26420.jpg

26421.jpg

Had the wife take a few movies!
CLICK HERE

Charlie
Don't normally post over here but WAY COOL!!!

Ken Updike
Back in the day Kohler had a soild satate set up for the K's if you want me to look further give me a call here at work 203-754-5981 i'll find you the Kohler part number. Kinda pricey as I recall and they didn't work all that great. They might even be NLA at this point.....

JOE

Since it is mowing and plowing season some of you might be intrested in this. While building my Cat 0 3-Point hitches I noticed that I had different lift heights when I mounted the hitches on different Cubs. The problem is wear on the hinge bracket and pin that connect the rockshaft to the hydraulic ram.

Here is a picture of bad and a good hinge bracket side by side. The one on the left is from a 1650 with a million miles on it and the one on the right is from my 1450 which has been used for 30 years but has had some better care. Notice how the hinged bracket is arched to the right due to wear on the bad one and is straight on the good one.

26425.jpg

The result of this wear as seen from the lower lift brackets for the mower deck. The bad one (on the 1650) on the left and the good one (on the 1450) on the right. This is going to affect the lift height for the mower deck.

26423.jpg

Another place where it will be noticed is if you have a 3 point hitch. You will get the same amount of movement but the height will be less, depending on how much wear you have on the hinged bracket.

26424.jpg

Is anybody going to the I & I tractor swap meet tomarrow??

OUCH!

Hey look, now you can get a 1957 17hp. 149 on ebay. Must be a rare one. 7143153485

Tom- Must be from the same guy that I got my "you haul it, you can have it" cc from. It was presented as a 1952 cub cadet with a 17 hp engine. Funny that on the way home it changed by 9 yrs and 10 hp.

Brian -- break beams have a way of getting dirt in the wrong places and NOT firing , seen autos with that problem. A Kohler is gonna suck and throw alot of grass and oil and belt dust ...

Digger -- Wheather Channel said you have 8" of snow with a total of 18"- 24" in the forcast ... have fun !

Richard -- what's that thing sticking out the back of that cub in the bottom pic ... or are you just glad to be here ??
roflol.gif

Kraig -- Charlie's ear protection is natural , from the lack of ever cleaning out his ears ... he took those old tv commercial serious , "never stick anything in your ear but your elbow"

I pulled out the "new to me 147" from the shed and decided to put the chains on and do some throwing. Its like trying to snow throw mud!! I don't like the electric lift, the one arm loaders hydraulic lift rules. Seems like the governor needs adjusting. The engine RPM's seem to be much lower than the one arm loader. I also need to adjust the hydrostatic lever. I really have to push it forward to get it to move fast. The left brake might be sticking. The right tire spins an awful lot.

I am going to go back out there and unclog the thrower and give it another whirl.

26434.jpg

I think this is my wifes car. I might have to chase her outside to clean it off.
26435.jpg

It is a tractor swap meet- I don't know what all is going to be there, probaly not a whole lot of CC stuff, but there is usually some. It is in Penfeild Il.

Charlie, that round 2 picture looks bad for you. But just north of St. Paul 30 miles we have nothing!!! No snow on the ground and nothing coming down. Haven't used the 109 for moving snow yet this winter.
bash.gif
Got to move south.

Penfield show info: http://www.antiquefarm.org/swapmeet/springswap_meet.html

Seventh Annual Swap Meet and Auction
March 18&19, 2005
at the I&I Show Grounds - Penfield, Illinois (11 miles east of Rantoul, IL)

Farm Toy & Memorabilia Auction -- Friday March 18, 2004 at 6:00 PM

Big Tractor & Implement Auction -- Saturday March 19, 2004 at 10:00 AM

Swap Meet Both Days! 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Back