• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 16, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Yes I know,but most have sat,in a field of tall grass,slowly rusting away.
Lots of people sharpen blades still mounted to the deck.I call them the deck blade sharpener people.

Deck blade sharpener people
happy.gif
. My brother

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 157
So I have a 'spare' k341 that I was thinking about putting in my #2-1450 that if it stops smoking there's no oil in it. The tractor needs to be redone and I figure if I'm going to repaint an get new decals anyway, why not make it a 1650? I only know the k341 is complete right now, I need to open up and look inside. Someday I'd like to have the whole quietline series, but that's a far off ambition right now. What did you guys think?

If you sharpen the blades on the deck you can't balance them. I balance blades when I sharpen them to keep from applying side loads to the bearings.

So Earl - technically if you put that K341 in your 1450 it won't be a 1650. It will be a 1450 with a 16hp replacement engine
correct police.gif
(It would be close enough to apply 1650 decals).

You didn't tell us if your 16hp engine was a K341AQS with the Cub Cadet version base and oil pan. If it is then I would definitely remove the head and see what you've got inside. De-carbon etc at that time. If it looks good I'd turn her over and remove the oil pan to see if it has balance gears. If I recall correctly the K341AQS may or may not have balance gears depending on when Kohler produced it if it's an original Quiet Line production era engine. If it's got the gears I'd recommend an overhaul and installation of David Kirk's crankshaft balance kit. If it does not have balance gears then I'd button it up and see how it runs before dropping into your restored 1450. You'll have to make sure you have some really good Iso-mounts or it's gonna really shake. Ideally even if it has no balance gears you could overhaul and put in David Kirk's kit so it smooths out as much as possible.

Bob E - really good point on the blades. They need to be balanced.

I completely forgot about the engine designation. I haven't a clue what its from, I bought it from a small engine shop auction as engine alone, untested. I know the rod is intact, saw piston move through spark plug hole. Looks like I have more research when I open it up. Thanks Harry!

I was looking through the wiring diagrams to add lights to my 63' 100 and didn't see anything. I'm sure its not complicated but does anyone have a diagram?

Thanks

Mark

Earl F - get us some pics so we can see what you have. The K341AQS specific to a Cub Cadet is not common, and conversion is not possible on some of the other Kohler styles without alot of cutting, etc. There is an FAQ that shows pics of 3 different style Kohler blocks. Lets see what you've got.
worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 167
Frank
I bought A new blue coils , yellow plug wire new tractor wiring and new battery . As soon as the battery is added sparks fly from the white battery ground wire. So what could be done wrong .Engine rolls over !

I've seen MANY white battery cables, LOL
The sun fades them to pink, then to white.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 153
Charlie Proctor

I went to the local parts guy and bought 2 new 12 V solenoids ; and ignition switch . only issue I will have is the switch has studs instead of tabs . I bought a few wire ends for the harness ends that go to the ignition switch. This will make everything new . Oh and thanks Frank I will pull the cover on the voltage regulator to see if any contacts are stuck together. I bought 3 voltage regulator with the new wires. Next will be my 129 loader and its no start no charge problem.

Back to the drawing board:
302857.jpg

IF, by mistake, the GEN terminal is connected to GROUND - what happens?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 302857.jpg
    302857.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 162
  • 302857.jpg
    302857.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 165
Frank C

I will be at the 149 in the am if I feel ok and have my pain in check. I also plan to see at the local community College if I can hire there best student from this years graduation for a few hrs or a saturday to put my 61 O back together . I might paint it and install the new head lights and tail light . I even have the Decals . It would have all the options added .

I'll do my best to get pics this weekend. Busy schedule but should be doable. I am afraid now I may just be stuck with 2- 1450s,
wink.gif

The 1200 feels ganged up on in the shed...

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 149
Jacob G.
So where are the pics of your "new" 123?
1a_scratchhead.gif
bottom.gif
You promised.
err.gif

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 152
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 149
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 159
Jeremiah Chamberlin

Well I wish you could drop by and get my two tractors charging . with the what sounds like hay makers singing in my ears because of the kemo and Rad damage it makes it hard to concentrate.Next is my 1961 Original needs to be put back together .

Latest posts

Back