• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don-
Yes, the bushing is out near the wheel-end of the axle. The axle should slide in and out of the carrier slightly, but there should be very little "front to back" or "up and down" movement of the wheel end of the axle in the carrier. If you're getting more than about 1/8", you proably have a worn bushing.

Also, I wouldn't remove that bearing plate, because there is a large O-ring (#7 in Kraig's diagram) that sometimes gets damaged during removal or reassembly. (It's a $4.50 O-ring from a cub dealer!)

Don, here's the exploded view of the axles. The bushing is item #3.

81127.jpg

81128.jpg

Well i feel beter now. took her all apart and cleaned the parts. now just a seal and outer bearing shoild make her new again. Thanks Guys you make this so easy.
81131.jpg

Jim: Very nice, but CAN IT MOW?
lol.gif

Don: That water/moisture comes from being in your 64* garage.
fence.gif

Kraig: To post those parts blowups, do you go to Parts Lookup, "save picture as...", then go to "my pictures", select, and then post? If so, that's a bunch of help!
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank, sometimes I do but for the two I posted for Don I just cropped and resized the pages from the Original Parts manual (TC-82) that I have scanned.

81133.jpg

Jim, looks like you and the 125 did a good job but where are the action photos? Or at least one of the 125 in the snow?
dunno.gif

By the time Don T arrived I had finished plowing. I'm gettin' the wife a digital camera for her b'day in April so then I'll be able to get more action pic's. I still can't believe how well that thing plows snow.
buttrock.gif

Thanks a bunch Kraig. I will need the manual for my O this i know.lol. I didnot find a manual to down load yet, i have been working on all the rest and now when i have time i`ll do some repairs on O . And Frank you could just pop over and have a few and i`d put your right to work..lol a lot of sanding to do.
animatedihbear.gif

Dennis Frisk
Thanks. I have a 100 and 122, both have the 8.5" turf tire. I would like to put a little bit wider tire on both. I see such a variety here and was wondering what everyone is using.

Charlie, and I just sent him a link to the chassis service manual....

Yep but the day after i made my USA trip my confuser did burn and i lost a bunch info.(mother board) How you like my shop seats .
complete with IH content..lol
81142.jpg

Kraig,
I think he just like to whine!
biggrin.gif

You oughta hear him when he calls me!
Here's what really happened with his computer!
pcwhack.gif

Kraig do you know a good suplier of O seals i found the bearings lol

Don-
Bushing.....not a bearing....it's a BUSHING!
happy.gif

Charlie-
It's as if you know that I'm going to make fun of you before it even happens.
rofl.gif

Re: Elvis Sighting

I don't think that's Elvis - He's not fat enough!

The lad on that 123 is dressed a little too nicely. Perhaps he had to dash off to appear on American Bandstand after finishing with the lawn. Since the high level IH suits made their decisions from downtown Chicago, they may not have had a clue that most folks don't dress for church to work in the yard. This loss of touch with reality (by being cloistered in a Chicago high-rise) was discussed in A Corporate Tragedy.

I'm usually dressed one step up from "vagrant" when I mow. I guess that wouldn't make very good ad copy however...

Latest posts

Back