• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboelens

displayname
John Boelens
Broke 40 degrees here today, time to start getting ready and put together my two newest toys.
294948.jpg

John

That is agreat looking tiller . it looks to be in nice shape and hardly ever used.

Thanks Don T. That's why my Parts guy is awesome up in Wisc. He knows I'm after Nice Original stuff. He got me a really nice CW36 blower for my 70 a couple years ago.

David C. The bolts should have enough metal to frame grill contact to take care of any grounding connection if everything is free of rust, dirt, etc. You also have the washer surface area on the top of the grill surface area. If in doubt the simply run a wire attached to the frame up to the grill housing and lay the bare wire underneath the washer between the grille/washer area.

The box has a NAPA part number 04D16AA1 and if if I'm reading correctly is Victo-Tech made by Victor Reinz for NAPA.

Where can I find the "write up" on the gear shifter repair. I'm working on a 108 and the shifter is sloppy. I checked the FAQs and found nothing.

(is this forum still alive???)

I'm confused again. I was under the impression all 1x8s and 1x9s had the s/n tag on the rear axle as all of mine do. This 108 has a correct s/n tag on the left side of the frame as QLs do. I noticed this right off when this cub was delivered.

294959.jpg

Here's the s/n tag.

294960.jpg

Will someone get me straight on this minor brainteaser?

I also have mentioned that the tag changed locations between Feb and May of 1974

As far as the serial number location, on my 1X8/9 series 3 out of 5 have it on the rear. According to my serial numbers the switch was made from rear to side somewhere between Feb.'74 & May '74.

Thanks to all that chimed in about the s/n.

Charlie-

I thought I knew where it should be on a 108 and never knew the tags were switched during that time. I did go to the FAQs but didn't read far enough. I guess I assumed (I know, ass/u/me) the location changed with the introduction of the QLs.

Thanks to the FAQs as well.

such a nice day I thought I would start all cubs that had batteries, 2 IH, 1 CCC, 1 mtd.
do you want to guess which one would not start?

I wish I had a prize for you Chris,

so the 2 fourty plus year old and the thirtyone year old started and the ten year old with the newest battery ,,,click and thats it

Allen,,that click may come sooner than later

Latest posts

Back