• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Keith W,

Yes, at some point during the production run of the QL series, IH went back to the internal wet brake from the 2/3 series and was continued into the 82 series. Using the parts look up link above you will see that 1000's came with either the external caliber brakes on the axles or the internal brake. However, I didn't see a serial number break of where they changed but I didn't dig that deep. It most likely occured during the last year of QL production as IH made several changes (like auto dump valves for hydros, internal brakes, improved steering wheel)in the QL series that were carried over to the 82 series.

John Wentz (Jwentz) Here is a shot of my 129 just as i was taking it apart to paint the Cub and the loader. i did that mod but added a v for the grease
fitting and also used trailer hubs ,greesable hut rated at 2400 overkill i know and increased the track of the tractor to equal the rear tires. that made the 129 stable carrying weight . I like how it turned out and its usable and fun to operate. just my .02
ihrotate.gif

88044.jpg

Matt,

The 1" CC bearings are already starting to get loose...trialer hubs with tapered roller bearings is the way to go in this application.

This morning I heard a racket out front, so I grabbed the camera and saw a FLYYIN SQUIRREL in the street, parked the wrong way no less.
biggrin.gif

88046.jpg

Then sure enough, he gets out with that goofy grin on his face, so I knew I was in trouble!
88047.jpg

Here he is praying to the Cub gods to help him make it back home from Minnesota.
88048.jpg

Hi all,

Has anyone dealt with fixing front / rear lights on a 149? Mine used to work but haven't now for some time.

The problem of running about 20-30 minutes and then losing power as if out of gas seems to have been fixed. I employed suggestions from this forum and I'm not sure what exactly resolved the issue. I did a carb kit and replaced the coil early on and it still happened. I cleaned out the tank, cleared the vent hole in the gas cap, and added an inline filter (which empties completely at times so I'll get a Kohler "gravity" style on there tomorrow). I replaced the condenser and started using MMO.

At this point it runs a bit uneven, but I wonder if that could be related to the inline filter.

I've taken photos of my 149 and hope to figure out how to post them to the forum...

Cheers!
Kent

I was looking at the pictures of the clogged hydro and thought it looked like a manatee..

88052.jpg

88053.jpg

Grin...

Richard

Manatee..ok that works. I looked at it and wondered if it was the machine from a Sci-Fi show that dug down to the center of the earth. JMHO

OK, guys with Gator blades, some opinions please. A friend has a newer Cub and put on his new Gater blades today. Said he smoked the drive belt and snapped the cross belt on the deck within 15 minutes. He got a new cross belt and changed back to the origional blades and went ok from there. So, are these blades so agressive, or heavy or whatever that they are ugley to use? Thnx.

Donald, on the 'V', I am assuming in the spindle gusset? I only had to notch one of them for some reason. I think one of my spindles had been replaced at some point because the camber is slightly different than the other.

Allen S.-

Are the blades hitting each other? That's the only thing I can think of. They weigh about the same as the OEM blades. That isn't the problem.

Well here I am again. I have just replaced the old wire harness on my 123. My old harness did have a couple of hidden repairs that I found when I took it off. I hooked everything back up and tried to fire up the old girl, but still no luck. There is fire to the switch but it will not turn over when the key is fully engaged. I even put the old switch back on and it still did the same thing. One note is that I did not hook up the wires for the safety switch i.e. the plug for the swith itself and the orange/black wire to the small terminal on the side of the solenoid. I dod have one more question, does it matter which way the wires are on the top and bottom posts of the solenoid? I used my old TC113 catalog to make sure I was putting the correct wire in the correct spot. Also do you have to use an IH replacement solenoid or can you get one from say a NAPA store?

Tom

Matt G. Thnx for your observation. My friend did not indicate blade crash. I dont think 2 or 3 year old belts should crap out because of the big fins...but who knows. A.

Tom, I had all sorts of intermittent problems with the starting system on my 1650. It turned out to be a bad PTO switch that worked sometimes but not others. Process of elimination and it was nearly the last piece.
lol.gif

It look like you may need more in depth suggestions on the actual wiring though.

Does anyone have a proven method for keeping water out of the brake area of an electric lift actuator? I am not sure if a sealer or a gasket between the motor and the housing it mounts on would be the best.

Thomas, I ran into a similar problem with my 128. I.E a "no crank" condition. I found the metal tab on the clutch/brake rod broken off. This metal tab contacts the safety switch, which allows the starter circuit to be complete. I got lucky and found the broken piece of tab, a little weld and I was back in business.
My 128 is a wide frame, your 123 is a narrow frame. Soo, I don't even know if the narrow frames used a safety switch
dunno.gif
. Just an idea, Good Luck! Let us know what ya find

Dale ....YOU KNOW why I was taken a picture of your street sign...Does anyone believe that this is the street Dale lives on?????
88058.jpg

Todd, Yes my 123 and my 125 both have the safey switch. I figure that while I am at I will replace it too. The metal tab that makes contact when the brake is depressed is still intact. By the way has anyone redone their steering box with the "upgrade kit" that I have seen on a couple of parts web sites? it looks like it would make the steering a lot smoother.

Thanks Ron S for the info.Just came in from loading up the 2 modifieds(cub and a gilson) for tomorrow's pull in Maxville Ontario Canada.Should see some great looking Cubs.Have a great day. K.W.

Back