Archive through June 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me what other model hoods would fit a model 71. I just discovered that someone had done some modifications to mine and would like to find an un altered one. any help would be great.

Many Thanks,
Mark

Mark,
Any narrow frame hood will fit, but only the 71, 102, 122, 123, hoods will be correct.

Howdy,

Some time ago someone asked about the mounts for a Danco loader.

Here are some pics of my Danco loader mounted on the 70. I included some closeups of the loader mounts and the original pump. Has 1 inch boat axles and hubs on the front. I use it to move manure from the barn where we have 3 minature horses.

Bruce

88118.jpg

Right side loader mount
88119.jpg

Close-up on 70
88120.jpg

pump
88121.jpg

I have a 44" mower deck that needs bearings in the center spindle but after removing the old ball bearings along with the shields and shaft, it appears that its an all in one double bearing. Does anyone out there know what i'm talking about? whats my next step? Thanks in advance

Ronald B.
Your first step would be to check the Parts Lookup Button above and make sure you know what you really have.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie:
There are some common phrases you should program into function keys on your keyboard (it'd save you from having to type them over and over)....... I think we all know what F1 would be...
bouncy.gif

I've got a question about the ignition switch in my 149. when I bought it, the guy said the switch was shot, and gave me another. I can't get either one to turn over the engine. had it tore down, cleaned up and repainted, and believe the ground is good and solid. I can jump across the voltgage regulator, and it fires right up, but get nothing at all from the key switch. what should I be checking from here? thanks, mike

excuse me, not the voltage regulator, but the block under the dash bolted to the right side........can't think of the name of it right now.........anyway, when I touch the two terminals with a screwdriver, it will start right up, but the switch is dead........mike

the seloinoid. ya thats it..when I short the selonoid across. it starts right up. but am getting nothing from the key switch. thanks again, mike

Hello gentlemen I am getting ready to paint a couple of 100s and I need to know what the paint codes are for using dupont paint thanks

Latest posts

Back