Archive through June 09, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Dustin S.
You use JD 90 pound starter weights on the inside as well as the 54 pounders on the outside. I do.
thumbsup_old.gif

87540.jpg

87541.jpg

Time to "drag" out the pallet of ready-mix pic, Charlie...

hello guys. I have spent a week now trying to get tin for this 125, i have a breather and thats it. so if you have some to help, let me know. thanks Charlie order came today. Later Don T
coffee.gif

87559.jpg

Kendell, Thats exactly what i did... but i wasnt sure, so I figered I'd ask those who have done this before...
thumbsup.gif

I just got a 1A tiller for my 149. Everything works great but the 90 degree gearbox that came with the tiller has a wide pulley (5/8 or so)on it. The original owner used it with a 1650. I thought the 1650's were a 3/8 belt like mine, but it must not be. The problem is my new $67 belt is rubbing slightly and I don't feel like replacing it all the time. Are there any 3/8 or 13/32 pulleys out there for the gearbox??? Thanks, Nick

Nick H.
Is the belt rubbing where it goes through the two slots in the tiller mount plate?
If it is, notch the plate slots to give the belt some elbow room, especially if it's setup right and working alright for ya. JMHO

Brian L., yep, that's my #2 125 in it's winter dress and if you know where to look you can see the outside stash of parts Cubs.
happy.gif
Photo appears to be from the fall of 2006.

Yeh, it's rubbing the notches and also the rear end housing. I tried to lower the pulley a touch the other day but it's been in that spot for a hundred years or so and seems to want to stay where it is at. It looks like if I would notch out more, it would rub the rear more. I wasn't sure if they made different pulleys or not. Now that I'm done tilling for a while, maybe I'll take the gearbox off and soak the pulley in some nut buster and try to lower it. Thanks, Nick

Don T.

Send me your address, I have a couple of extra 12 HP tins around. I'll send it over.

Tom Prechtel
Lagrange, Ohio

Dale,
Thanks for the pics and ideas. My father said he used to use a 50” long piece of railroad rail to drag our driveway. I might try that. There are a few HARD high spots that I think a blade will be needed to level.

cscannon

Nick H: Ya sure you have a 1A tiller?? The 1650's w/elec PTO AFAIK used a #2 tiller with a 7/16 belt. The PO could have just used the 90* gearbox from a #2 tiller assembly...That would explain the wider pulley. The IH-549250-R1 belt is 13/32 x 143 7/8 and will work with your 149 mechanical PTO and likely will be also wide enough to use the pulley on your 90* box....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

There was some talk a while back on drive couplers so I thought I would order some new ones and see what came in. They are not cast iron but some sort of composite material.
87566.jpg

I had to see if I could snag some 2B tiller lower pulleys as well.
thumbsup.gif

87567.jpg

And then there were the Made in the USA Tiller Tines, which I thought were kinda cool.
87568.jpg

87569.jpg

How can I tell if my brinly plow is a 8, 10, or 12 inch? What area do I measure? Thanks

Charlie,

The new couplers are made of sintered iron, also known as powdered metal technology. Some automotive connecting rods are made using this method, which attests to the strength of the final product. The new couplers should be every bit as strong as the older, cast iron ones.

Latest posts

Back