• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had one of those moment of weakness things hit me, So I let the little guy ride home with me,LOL
259357.jpg

259358.jpg

259359.jpg

Harry,
Yes I think he is the ONLY one North of the border who has that many! He has to go SOUTH of the border to get them though. Nothing much here to pick from. He was battling it out in Michigan last week with a couple people at an auction. He picked up some sweet look'n attachments therr though. Said a guy bought a 149 or a 169 for $1,700.00 there. He stopped at near a thousand and said it was too rich for his blood. Yes, that is an IH Fridge in the corner, he said it still worked too. I kinda kick myself for not taking the old man's when he got rid of it a year ago. I just didn't have the room for it.
Anyone who is into IH or Mack trucks would have been in their glory. I will have to see what else I have for pictures. Seen a 71 with ag tires on it, that looked pretty neat. Never seen a Brinly fertilizer spreader or a Pincor generator before Saturday either. Wife knows what I am thinking about now when I am staring off into space and have that deer in the headlight look on my face. She just shakes her head. Certainly one of the better birthday gifts I have had in a long time!
greenthumb.gif

Mike Patterson

I sure would like to see his collection for my self next spring. I might have to look you up and beg you to show me where he lives . that would be a great day for me also. I have plans to leave Nova Scotia next June for our trip across Canada . I think I was in your area once when we toured Blue Mountain Pottery ? Up From Barrie ONT ?
cubwinker.gif

Charlie - so you let that little guy ride home with ya. Looks like he's got some decent tires on him, which is surprising for his age, and I noticed one of those extra shift levers there too. Nice.

Mike P - well, I just gotta ask - did he have a 169? Or was that why he was battling it out in MI?

Don T.
I would be offened if you didn't look me up when you come up my way next year! I might be able haggle with him to open up the doors to the shrine for you when you show up? You might want to make sure you bring extra batteries for your camera.
Harry,
Nope! Had a 129 & 149 - no 169 yet.

Hi Guys,

Long time since I've posted here but I still lurk from time to time.

Anyway, there's no reason an engine from a 122 wouldn't swap over to a 129 is there? I've got the basket case engine out of the 129 if any parts were needed.

coffee.gif
Matt: Quickest difference I can think of might be the throttle linkage. I see a diesel and a couple Originals in your profile. Because of the 169 I've passed up a couple Originals this Spring. One of them went for $250. Maybe next year!
happy.gif

Mike P., wow! That guy has quite the setup and collection. Any chance you could email me the full resolution versions of your photos. I'd like to post higher resolution versions here or perhaps in the Sandbox. TIA

Charlie, nice find! I see it has a creeper. Looks like it was refurbished at some point.

Frank:

Thanks for the info. By linkage you mean from the governor arm etc? If so I think I can swap that over pretty easily.

The only think I can think of is the dip stick is probably different and of course the whole hydro/clutch mounting.

Oh and I used to have a 169 too. It was a great machine. I sold it to fund the repair of the 1512D, which is also a great machine. One of the originals is a parts machine, the other is semi-restored. I'll get to it some day.... :)

Also, nice to see a fellow Mainer, even if we're 4 hours apart! My wife's family is from Caribou.

Latest posts

Back