• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 03, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, I do have to agree with Art. (Did I actually write that?
bash.gif
) If you have the parts why not install them. Besides, you never know when you might need that tractor to mount a mower deck or some other attachment that requires the PTO.

Art, thanks for the clamp info.
happy.gif
Interesting that it's listed for the 125 as well. Hmmm, there wasn't one on my #1 125. I wonder if it was removed when the PTO was rebuilt by the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealer way back when?

Kraig , you are correct. i knew i had read that the timed deck on my O would work on the 70 and i thought the 100 also
1a_scratchhead.gif
.I think a standard small screw clam will work to center the button on the PTO as suggested. I plan on spraying some white paint soon on my 129 . the 12k is ready to drop in and i still have the dash repair to do ! later Don T
old.gif

Hey guys I need help my 109 has been sitting for a number of years it ran when I put it away, now I get no spark??? is there an easy way to figure out why.

Brian, if it's been setting for a while as you say, most likely it is corroded contacts on the points. Remove the points cover and have a look. I'm assuming that it has a good battery and turns over OK.

152738.jpg

I charged the battery on 2 amps overnight it turns over a little slow didnt know if that was the nature of it. Thanks for the help

Brian, if the battery has a good charge and it's not cold (think mid January temps and thick oil in the engine and thick Hy-Tran in the transmission) it should turn over fairly quickly. If it turns over slowly it's usually because there is a bad ground connection to the S/G and/or the S/G has worn brushes.

Brian just remove the armature out and clean it with electrical contact cleaner, then clean the inside of the s/g housing. It will turn faster if it was just dirty. If no luck then have the s/g tested on a growler for shorts. If shorted you will need to replace the armature or have it reworked.

Brian, regardless whether or not it turns over fast or slow it should still have spark. My query about it turning over was so that I knew it had voltage in the battery and the safety switches were not the cause of problems. Just looking for more info from you to help myself and others diagnose.
happy.gif
The no spark is most likely corroded contacts on the points. But it could be something else like a bad plug, or bad plug wire, bad coil, bad condenser, bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness.

I'm very new, so I am looking for an opinion ( and I'm not trying to start an argument), in this case regarding the 147 model. Should I assume that the 14hp was indeed too large for the NF, hence the WF appears in the next series, or is the 147 regarded as the ultimate NF tractor. Great web site!!! Thanks, humble 104 owner.

Latest posts

Back