• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mowed Sunday. 1200 did nice. And that's about it.

Gerry, David

Year 2 for me being retired. Thought they were crazy when I was told before I retired you would be more busy after you retired.

Had a friend tell me I'm living the dream.

Quinn G,

Regarding the coil, you can't use a regular automotive coil type on these Kohler engines. It has to have an internal resistor if I remember correctly. The sponsors at the top of the page can help you out with a new one. I think NAPA has a coil available for Kohler engines as well.
I have to disagree. I've used coils from mid sixties Fords for years on three different CC's. They all run just fine. They do have an internal resistor.

I still don't believe you have less time when you retire!
taunt.gif

Came home from work Monday so tired I went to bed after about an hour.
Came home from work yesterday with a migraine and went to bed after about an hour.
Came home today ticked off because I got chewed out for what someone else did not do. Don't know how long it will take for me to get calmed down enough to be able to sleep.

Sure do wish I could retire, or better yet, tell them where to stick it! Is it Friday yet?

Definitely no opportunities for playing with my cubs these days.
sad.gif

I retired 13 years ago and haven't looked back. For 11 years I stayed busy all the time. Hardly had any spare time. Now my health has slowed me down. My cub cadets doesn't get the attention or the use they used to. I use my 100 and tiller, the 124 with cultivator, the 128 with blade and trailer and let the kids ride and drive some others while I relax.

I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on the 109? Besides the obvious (every Cub is a good Cub), what do you see as pros & cons? I'm going to an auction soon with a 109 & deck. A friend inherited it when her mom passed away a couple years back, but it hasn't run since her dad died 12 years ago. Now, my friend died and her relatives/heirs are holding an auction. I don't really need another tractor, but can one really ever have too many? (My bride says yes; I'm already storing a some at three different sites!) The tractor has always been stored inside a garage/shed. I'm planning to retire a year from now and I might need some projects/hobbies, but do I need it? I've never seen it, but my friend previously told me her dad was meticulous about care & maintenance. The auction bill lists it as a Cub Cadet 109 "mower" - maybe nobody will know what it can really do, and I can get a really good deal!

Greg, I have a '73 109 that I got from my mother in law about 23 years ago. Three years ago i had to scrap the 38 inch deck but rebuilt a 42 inch and that is great. i picked up a front blade for it, built a roller and have the original never installed wheel weights for it. It has all the power I need and all I've ever done is pm on it.

321736.jpg

Latest posts

Back