• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 20, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
George,

Here's the pics.

316332.jpg

316333.jpg

316334.jpg

Attachments

• 316334.jpg
    316334.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 316333.jpg
    316333.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 316332.jpg
    316332.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 316332.jpg
    316332.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 316333.jpg
    316333.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 316334.jpg
    316334.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 114
David S.,
These are the bearing and races you are looking for. I picked them up and Farm and Fleet.

316337.jpg

Attachments

• 316337.jpg
    316337.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 316337.jpg
    316337.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 116
David the bearings are the same for older Chevrolet outer front wheel bearings. IIRC parts stores call them set #2.

Geez, "Off Topic Friday" and ain't much for posting. Ain't much for On Topic either. Where is everybody. It's supposed to be raining in the upper Midwest and I figured there would be lots of postings.

Dry as a bone here. Just got through hauling 6- 500 gallon loads for the wife's flowers trees and shrubs.
It would be easier to let all that crap die, or not to have planted it in the first place! LOL

WoooHooo Iron Patriot has a heartbeat,and runs great l!!!!!!!Now having said that he doesn't move at all the hydro by pass buttons are stuck down.Ill pull those tomorrow after work and let them soak in pb blaster while I'm on vacation next week.Im pumped that it runs now

Got to put the new disk to work last weekend at the I&I Show in Penfield, IL last weekend. Pulled it in freshly plowed ground for about a hour and was very pleased with how it did. Cut wheat straw and knocked down the rolled furrows nicely.

316345.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Iavpz4w1g&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygXV3j0oXbg

Before it was all over, I had disked down a pretty big area (you can see the furrows undisked on the right edge of the photo).

316346.jpg

Had a great time at the show!!!

Attachments

• 316346.jpg
    316346.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 316345.jpg
    316345.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 316346.jpg
    316346.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 316345.jpg
    316345.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 111
Nice setup Steve! Next you'll have to add an air ride seat to the Cub, driving through that rough plowing is hard on the back!

I changed out the s/g on the 149 I mow with yesterday. It hadn't been charging properly and now I'm getting 16.6 volts at the battery at about half throttle.

What should I check next or rather what causes over charging...the voltage regulator???

Any tricks to removing the hydro bypass valves??? Mine are being stubborn the old time and pb method???

Ok I have forward gears now I just took Iron Patriot out for its first tour around my neighborhood runs and drives great,reverse is still stuck down hopefully it will pop up on it own as well another cub saved from the scrap pipe....man what a feeling!!!! Look like the po mounted the rock shaft on backwards...is that even possible.the lift works great up and down but the rock shaft does move up or down it looks like the linkage from the hydraulic piston is on wrong or missing a bolt or something this linkage just moves back and forth with piston but doesn't raise or lower the mower deck carriage

Ethan K.
Don't be afraid of a breaker bar or an impact to get them out!
One thing though, once they are loose, do not remove them all the way until you thoroughly clean around them so nothing gets inside the pump.

Digger-thank you I didn't know how much brute force and ignorance those valves will tolerate..as I said in my last post the forward valve freed up on its own I can easily depress the button and I pops right back up when I start the tractor I'm still working on the reverse valve hopefully it will pop as well.

I'm an even bigger QL fan now that I have one running one now.what a difference from my 125

Ethan- your rockshaft is probably froze or at least partially froze. The linkage has a pivot in the middle to provide float for a mower. There is an extra hole there for a pin to lock the linkage solid and give you down pressure. If your lucky it's not stuck to bad and a little PB and patience will free it up. Good luck

About halfway down this page is a good picture of the lift setup-
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/106/33185.html

Ed-thank you.i was expecting the rock shaft asm to be frozen up but all the pivot point are free and clear piston moves the float Linkage is free and the implements lift is free I can move it up and down by hand .its weird I'm sure the problem is something stupid eazy to fix

Ethan- Is the rockshaft moving when you lift things by hand or is it just sliding up the slotted hangers? Things may be just stiff enough that it won't move down without some weight on it.

Latest posts

Back