• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 18, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve - I'm just trying to understand here, but now it sounds like you're saying none of the parts will actually interchange. There are minute differences. My son had been asking what it would take to make a Series I into a II. If I understand your info correctly, it could probably be done but it's not realistic to consider.

Harry-

Somewhere back in IL I have a "handout" from Kohler describing the upgrades to the Series II. I think the stiffening ribs in the case halves are thicker, the pistons are different, and a number of other things. External parts like intake manifold, carb, tinwork, heads, etc. should all interchange.

I agree with Steve 100% on the 82 series improvements. I have thus far had good luck with the Magnum twins in several tractors. My Dad has one in a zero turn that was pretty old when he got it about 15 years ago, and other than carb and starter work it has been very reliable.

I've had a few blown Series I and and one Series II pass through. You know what was common between all of them? They had all been run too low on oil.

So I was messing with some NOS Original steering spindles today,
307030.jpg

and happen to look inside the bolt holes and found some leftovers from back in the day! LOL
307031.jpg

Attachments

• 307031.jpg
    307031.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 307030.jpg
    307030.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 307031.jpg
    307031.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 307030.jpg
    307030.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 124
Harry,

You can't make a Series I into a Series II...doesn't work that way. My point earlier was not that there are not differences, rather that is isn't a "complete engine redesign", more of an upgrade as needed to problem components......the design concept is the same and they are like the identical twins (nice pun huh???) from the old Double Mint gum commercials, not completely the same, but so much so it's difficult to tell.....

Tell your son to run it.......if he comes across a replacement Mag or Command stick it in the shed...that's the best way to make sure it will never blow....have it's replacement on hand!!!! Keep it full of 30wt and use it!

This NOS Original oil bath pic is for Harry,
307033.jpg

307034.jpg

Attachments

• 307034.jpg
    307034.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 307033.jpg
    307033.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 307034.jpg
    307034.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 307033.jpg
    307033.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 126
Steve and Matt - thanks for the additional info. I'll tell him to absolutely make sure the oil is always FULL. I had already told him to keep an eye out for an M18. I'll emphasize it now to make sure he gets one. Are they drop fit?

Charlie - dang it's hard to find one of those NOS Oil Bath Air Cleaners. Hey I didn't think they had powder coating back in the day, or is that just really glossy Federal Yellow? Also, I'm sure glad they didn't come with that wire clip installed - it always mars the paint clipping it in place (course I suppose it's on the underneath side so you can hardly see it when installed). Sure is purrty!

Charlie - your thumbnail is so glossy I think I can see the reflection of a BEAR!!!!
animatedihbear.gif

Attachments

• animatedihbear.gif
    animatedihbear.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 127
  • animatedihbear.gif
    animatedihbear.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 129
Thad, nice find!
greenthumb.gif

Charlie, NOS machine filings, nice.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 123
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 120
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 117
Guy's,
I'm working on rigging up a CC128 to power a factory made buzz saw that has a 20" blade. This is just a play thing I'm trying to get set up. I don't have the tractor here yet. I'm using a front end gearbox set up that would have been used to power a CC Snow Thrower. I know that the gearbox is 2:1 in ratio so I know I'm going to end up with roughly 1/2 of the engine RPM to work with which should give me approximately 9162 SFM at the blade and the gearbox ratio should allow quite a bit of torque from the engine. My question is this. Does anyone know the "output" RPM of the gearbox at rated working RPM of the CC128 engine? Or can someone tell me what the diameter of the CC PTO clutch pulley is that I might figure it on my own? Any info anyone might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.............Thanks in advance........Gary H.

Latest posts

Back