• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 17, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry: Thanks, your picture helps me visualize how the Noise Suppression muffler could be fitted to the Kohler K-Series engine. Given the angled exit of the exhaust port, I believe a straight nipple would be at the right angle to accept the Noise Suppression muffler.

Your muffler certainly looks a lot like the Noise Suppression muffler Charlie sells.

260809.jpg

Jeremiah - yes I think my muffler looks exactly like Charlie's, I believe it's just slightly larger. My engine does use a straight nipple where the exhaust exists the engine and the curved inlet pipe on the muffler fits right on. I'll try to get additional pics this weekend which could help. I'll also get some dimensions, and maybe if you're lucky enough, you could get dimensions from Charlie for comparison (and then I'd know for certain about mine). Someone used to re-man the heat shield. I don't think it would be really difficult to make, for someone with a metal bender. I'll try to get some more pics of it as well. I know it was the same shape for the lesser hp engines, but as I said before, the mounting holes would be in different locations. Sure wish someone could come up with pics of their 12hp or 14hp with the Quiet package. (by the way, those diagram things you're posting are difficult on my eyes).

Quick question - can a NF 3 pt hitch be used on a WF? Got one on my 122, I know I can use it on my 126, but will it fit my 109 WF? From the moldboard plow back to the lift handle, is the entire hitch interchangeable between NF and WF, some of it or none of it. I'm thinking some parts may be interchangeable, but not all of it.

Made a quick trip to my Dad's camp last night and wanted to do a bit of mowing. My Daughter ran my 126 the past two evenings, after I adjusted the carb and it ran GREAT. Last night I jumped on it and it ran about 5 minutes, let out a backfire and died. I didn't have on hand what I needed to check the spark...
bash.gif
and in the past, after it would cool, I could re-fire. Not so last night. So the tractor has forced my hand - I need to deal with this problem.

In the mean time, the 109 has a damaged valve stem and with it a flat front tire, so I got out the jack and swapped a front tire from the 126 to the 109 to get me going. I noticed that the 109 seemed to want to run with the choke just a tad on, so I got off the tractor to richen-up the carb and
a_weep.gif
it has a Walboro carb with no high speed adjustment. Looks like I am going to have to dig-up a #26 carb (two of them, one for the 109 and one for the 126). I might have a couple of them in my box of parts.

Question is - can you wear out a #26 or #30 carb or can they always be rebuilt? I know I dipped a NASTY looking #30 carb from my 1650 in Berrymans dip and it came out looking like a new carb. I might give that a try with the #26 carb I've got too.

This summer's heavy work with the IHCC's has been a good thing - even with the problems I've had. I'm gathering a goodly list of things to do over the winter now that I'm getting to know these tractors.

BTW - the 109 towed the 126 back to the barn...
coffee.gif

hello guys i need help trying to take off my belt on my 1961 cub don't know how to do it.the one trying to get off is drive belt can anyone tell me how to take it off? thanks stank}

bill
I have seen the top cast piece from a narrow frame used in place for a wide frame (with spacers and other things)
the arm that foes forward is different, the block that goes on to the rockshaft is different, the only thing that can go right in is the lower bracket

hope that helps

Stanley

there are 3 or 4 bolts that hold the clutch front bracket to the frame. remove those and that will allow you to raise up the clutch, to remove the belt from the motor, then you can lower everything down to get the belt off

I believe it is a 31.5"x 3/8" belt

I have been running a 32" belt on one of mine with no problems

thanks

chris thanks for your help with my belt i will get to work on it.. thanks alot stan}

Stanley

not a problem

if you have access to a manual for the originals it will help a lot

I have a copy on my sever if you are interested

chris that would be great for you could get me a copy of your manual thanks

Geez guys, does no one look around a website when they sign up!!!!

Maybe a look in the manuals section OF THIS WEBSITE might be in order? Or Not!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Harry, Art, Brian: I've ordered Charlie's Noise Suppression muffler (based on Harry's input and my own surmises). I'll post detailed dimensions and installation tips upon receipt.
smile.gif

Jeremiah - hey that sounds great. I'll be anxious to see/hear. By the way, you'll need a muffler clamp on the inlet end.

Not sure if these photos from the archives will be helpful for the exhaust discussion or not...

260848.jpg

260849.jpg

260850.jpg

260851.jpg

260852.jpg

Especially this last one.

260853.jpg

All this talk about the correct muffler in a 169... Makes look at my small fleet.

I'm bummed, there is a 169 for sale about 2hrs from me on C/L. Even has a Johnson Loader and 1" spindles on the front. I can't get it. Almost makes me want to post a photo of it here, but I know that's frowned upon. I wonder if he's a member here or if we need to get the info in the database...

Nic, I believe you can post photo(s) from an add with no issue, it's posting the link that's frowned upon. (see my tag line
happy.gif
)

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - is that lasts pic of my engine? I know the ones showing the old muffler are not mine since my old muffler had the long exhaust output pipe (or at least I believe it did, dang memory. Ya got me wondering now if that might be my old muffler).

That's it Charlie. It's a 169 isn't it? Just has the wrong hood on it, with the original laying on the ground next to it?

Someone should buy that thing, Charlie you up for a drive?

Back