• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 28, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Parker-
As others have said, welcome to the forum.

I've never had to do this, but if it were me, I would try using "construction adhesive". The kind that comes in a caulk-gun at your local hardware store, Home Depot, etc. (ex. PL200) If it doesn't work out, you're only out a couple bucks, if that.

The nice thing about it being a clutch is that you can glue it together with a thin layer of adhesive, then assemble the clutch and let it dry overnight being squeezed into position.

<font size="-2">Just keep an eye on it so it doesn't ooze out and glue your clutch plates together!</font>

Well it finally happend. Got a whopping 2 inches of snow yesterday and was able to try out the non trip blade for the first time. I was extra cautious & luckily my 60 ft road has no curbs or cracks to send me flying over the front. This cub moved that snow with no problems at all, the ags didn't slip at all. It was a great day
bouncy.gif

76326.jpg

Just about the time I thought had sprung and it turned 51.6 today, I get this email!
A STRONG WINTER STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE AREA TUESDAY AND
TUESDAY NIGHT...BRINGING A THREAT FOR SNOW...STRONG WINDS...AND
EXTREME COLD. TUESDAY WILL START OUT MILD FOR JANUARY...WITH
TEMPERATURES IN THE 30S. BUT A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH
DURING THE MORNING...WITH TEMPERATURES FALLING RAPIDLY INTO THE
SINGLE DIGITS BY MID-DAY. SNOW WILL ALSO FALL ON THE AREA AS THE
FRONT PASSES...WITH ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 6 INCHES POSSIBLE.
FINALLY... GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL BE SEEN BEHIND THE
FRONT...WITH WIND GUSTS OF 40 MPH OR MORE.

Allen S. On the Chick Magnet thing. It took just a quick Google search by typing in Chick Magnet (or Art's full name
biggrin.gif
just kidding with that) and those were the first two items.

It is around 40* here and the driveway is one sheet of ice covered with water. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 20s and chance of snow. I sure am thankful the 125 and the 782D have chains on them.

Don B. Nice picture. You sure look happy!!!

Charlie P. Looks like you'll be using a Cub with cab for snow removal.

i was looking around the site. where can i find a chart to see what a 190-451-10 snow blower attachment will fit on various model tractors? I need this for a classified ad in a paper.

Charlie,

Now we expect a full report in the cub haulers section. That is going to make a sweet unit. I am looking more along the lines of an old Loadstar grain truck, but that is a few years down the road.

Parker - welcome from down here. U lucky U, with transport for & access to those cubs. By the way, was that your uncle Wyatt we used to watch on tele years ago?

Pops - so u realy are just a spring chicken, nearly old enough to say you have forgotten more than most know.

Digger - nice find, there are a few of them in Oz.
Expecting Thunderstorms here 2day, & 27 (C=81F), still might get to go fishin, but maybe not my carbon fibre rod.
76337.jpg

ok its to quiet in here. Ken or someone of equial noings can tell me what these weights were for i have only one of each. thanks DonT
coffee.gif

76341.jpg

76342.jpg

Don T.-

Bottom one looks like a Farmall A/B/C front weight, but I'd really have to see the other side to be sure. Top one looks a lot like a Cub or an A/B rear weight.

Just ordered a 800 SAE grade 5 bolt kit with bins. 1/4-20 to 3/4" nuts and washers.

Sick of running out for a few bolts here and there.

Big brown truck should be here with them in a few days. Also a 360 piece butt, ring and spade wire connector kit.

KenTucky, you don't think I'm gonna trust THOSE guys do ya? although the oil thing stands to reason.

Charlie, I think most in the group will agree,............ WE LOVE VIDEO!!

One of the first big trucks I drove in high school was a 1600 loadstar with a 345 gas engine.

Charlie:
IIRC, 300 hours or .005 mm.....unless the nuts are brass..

Parker:
I've used a two part epoxy available at most marinas, called "Marine-Tex" . This was used with great success (read, can't get 'em off now) on brake pads on a Bolens...this was first recommended by the local L&G repair about 20 years ago. I just recently bought some again, at the local marina..

Todd: Followup ...Which Ike was was "liked" by his wife??

Got a question for all who keep there cubbies in an UNHEATED shed like mine whats the secret to cold starts ? I purchased a magnetic block heater its 300 watts, {for use on the trans of the 1450} personally after using it I think its worthless... ideas or comments please.

Back