• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for instructions for mounting the "Windbreaker Cab" to my 100.
Thanks in Advance..Joe

Joe, about the best I can do is post some photos of one that is installed. I wish I had a set of the actual install instructions for a Windbreaker cab for a 70/100. Here's some photos, please note that this first set are of an Original with Windbreaker cab which would be very similar. I'll round up some 70/100 photos if I can find some.

50433.jpg

50434.jpg

50435.jpg

50436.jpg

50437.jpg

Joe, Here's the install instructions for the roof if you have that option for you Windbreaker cab.

50439.jpg

50440.jpg

Kraig, thanks alot..Mine does have the roof/rear panel also. Any suggestions for type of cleaners or treatments for the original material.
thanks again..Joe

Is that canvas or plastic like surface over it? If it's raw canvas I'd check for a boat canvas product.

So here is the progress i made in 15 minutes
= ]
50445.jpg

50446.jpg

and i found this when i was takeing the steering box out

50447.jpg

it looks like that wire should be connected to it. Anyone know what it is?

Hello to everyone. I am new to this site and I hope I am posting in the right place. My boss gave me a 109 with a blown engine. I found a replacement, but cannot get it to run well. It will run pretty good on an idle only. As soon as you touch the throttle, it dies. I have a new plug and wire, clean fuel(with a good flowing supply). I have opened the carb up and it is clean as a whistle. It also has good compression. Any info would be appreciated.

Anthony, that would be the brake safety starting switch. With that jumpered it will start without depressing the brake. BAD idea, best to reconnect it. It's possible that the little spring clip paddle that is on the brake rockshaft that would depress the switch is broken.

Anthony, that switch is item #19 in the first exploded view below:

50450.jpg

Check to see if the brake rockshaft has a spring clip (paddle?) on it, item #3 in this exploded view:

50451.jpg

Don't worry Charlie........Them deere are use to eating my dust!!...Don't let them them tell you, that they have never tasted Cubs dust either!!
....that my story...and I'm stickin' to itt!!..{except the Godfather}..they just can't stand it because we can plow in hi-range ant they CAN'T!!
50453.jpg
wedgie.gif

Michael - sounds like it could be points, or the high speed circuit adjustment screw is way off base.

kinda get what your sayig kraig

so if that were plugged in it would not allow the motor to start unless the brake was down and the switch is engaged?

when i saw that is was already unplugged so i figured dont mess with it. but i saw it maybe 3 days ago so its not like ive driven it or anything.

Thanks Ken, I will check the points. I set the high speed screw to what the service manual calls for. I know that is just a base, but I have to get it running better before I can adjust it accordingly.

Kraig,

Just took this pic hope it the right thing

50456.jpg

James,

What do you fram?

Anthony, yep that's where that spring clip (item #3 in the exploded parts diagram I posted) should be. I'll have to check when I get home tonight if I have a spare on any of my parts tractors.

Jeez. This is a popular place. I've been away one day and all of a sudden, there's a lot of catching up to do. I went to pick up where I left off and that was a coupla' pages ago.
proud.gif

Back