• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony, here's a view looking from the back of the tractor with the hydro transmission/rear differential removed. The red arrow is pointing to the spring clip paddle "thingy".
happy.gif

50458.jpg

HOT COIL-- Thanks for the help with the hot coils on my 1450. Checked the voltages, all OK. Ran heavy groung wire from the frame to the voltage regulator then over to the coil mount. That seems to help. Tractor ran great for about an hour, then died. Coil did NOT get hot. Think coil may have been on its last legs. Found this time all the sheet metal on the side of the engine is cracked and broken. Repaired the sheet metal, replaced the coil,(#4) adjusted the points, and put in a new plug. Tractor ran great for about an hour, then died. Coil did NOT get hot. Have no spark at all. Ordered new coil, points, and condensor from Scott Madson. Will let it sit until new parts arrive. Ed

One thing after the next... I finally got my new hood hinge, and two point bracket installed, and as I'm pullin away from the garage, my tie rod end on the right side (sittin on the tractor) falls loose,and I have no steering, so I had to limp it to the edge of the driveway, and now I have to tally up all the parts I'm gonna have to get... GRRRRRRRRRRR
angry.gif
bash.gif
censored.gif
It never ends untill it's over...

Glen - refer to 3:10pm posting for further instructions. Have a nice day.

Ken the windbreaker has the plastic type material. I believe its original..Joe

Maybe some type of vinyl cleaner / conditioner ? Ah just send it to Charlie and let him worry about it !

Bob F:

It sounds like your Tank Valve (Petcock) is not totally closing, PLUS, the float in the Carb is not working either.

I would suggest taking the valve apart and cleaning it. Same goes for the Carb.

If you have a properly working Tank Valve and it shuts off completely, along with a properly working float in your Carb.....there should be no leaks.

It looks like my 44c deck pulley could use some attention. I have read some talk about using a smaller pulley to speed up the blades, but can't find any suggested diameter sizes for this. Is this a good idea? If so what size would you suggest using? I may just straighten the old one out and clean it up for now, but I thought I'd ask while I have it apart for winter maintenance.

Back