• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 20, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Well I had a great day working on my 125 refurbish. I have the rear end ready to go back in. I rebuilt the trunnion and got the brake rod working( brakes will be nice even if its just one wheel)I checked out the hydro valves on my diesel to get the dump valves working so that I could put the rear end under and not have a problem.the rear cover and fluid can Waite till it is in the 125.Off to the tire shop in the am to get the tires removed from the wheels so they can be sanded an prepped for paint. In will take my Original and 125 rims in and get the tires removed. I will move my air compressor so I can install an air dryer I bought a year ago for painting ( time fly's). I have a blast every day in my shop. I hope you all had a great day also.
thumbsup_old.gif

I am looking forward to a good "Cub" weekend. I recieved the balance of parts needed to reassemble my CC125, including a metal hydro fan. Thanks to all who have helped me so far.
219952.jpg

219953.jpg

219954.jpg

219955.jpg

Todd Illenden

I added a big truck jumper cable that they use to connect multiple batteries together , its 9" long but heavy duty. I run that from the starter gen to the frame. This improved poor grounds on my 129 and 149. I will do the same to my 125 soon.

Matt g Is right about the timing from the cam. If I had your problem I would take parts from a good working tractor ,like the coil , condenser, carburetor to see what is the problem.
thumbsup_old.gif

219962.jpg

TONIGHT
A few clouds,very cold, and breezy. Wind chills -25 to -35.
Wind Chill Advisory from 6pm to 9am(Friday)

Low: -24
Wind: NW 5-10 mph

TOMORROW
Partly cloudy and cold. Chance of evening snow showers.

High: 2
Wind: Bec. Light SE

SATURDAY
Decreasing clouds.

High: 13
Wind: SE 5 mph

Not near as warm as you will be Charlie, but warm enough to go skinny dipping about 3am.
clappy.gif

Don T,
Removing the tires is easy all you need is a few tire spoons, remove valve cores spray WD or soapy water on the beads the night before. Put your a-- kicken boots on and stoomp on the side of the tire to break the bead,then get your spoons in and whala they pop right off. It helps to work in a heated garage. If you have tubes and want to save them (they are cheap and should be replaced anyway) don't pinch them. Fronts are easier than large rears. prep & paint rims (let them cure well (two days or so) I wrap electrical tape around the new painted edges to protect new paint, soap them down inset tubes use powder on tubes and use your boots to start bead then spoons. It will save you a trip and $$$.

Paul W Andrews

I could do it by hand, but my disability pretty much makes me pay for things I should not do. I have a friend that has a shop and I can do the tires on his machine free,It will only be my time and gas to get there. so I will use his equipment at that price( I will take a large dd for him
coffee.gif
) He asked me if I wanted to bring them over to him so we can see if his machine can put them on also. The type that the bar don`t touch the rim. I did the tires on my O and well all I have to do is pull on a spoon and the spoon slip and i`am in bad shape for days. I`d rather pay than pay like I did for the O back tires.

Frank l Clark

Are you planning to spread some paint on that 125? now would be a good time to spread some yellow and white !
thumbsup_old.gif

Don T, For now I am just going to keep the old Cub the way she is. Too Cold here in Maryland to paint.

Frank l Clark
I have a heated shop with in floor heat set at 64 deg here so painting is not a problem for me. I will be blowing some yellow soon I think.

tell me if you found a double pin in the swash plate on the side that the trunnion goes? I did and it did not show in the manual I had. seems the pin will hit the case and not come out, took me a few minutes to realize the pin is in two pieces and I needed to rotate the plate to one side. I had a pump apart last winter and found it no big deal and would do it again. you will have a great tractor when your done
old.gif

Got to play in the snow finally! Spent an hour pulling my two boys all over with the CCO. Great fun and saves trouble from not running them.

Don T, Sounds like you have a great shop. This is my first winter in MD, and look to add heat to mine next year. I went out to the shop and looked at the swash plate and trunnion. My unit has one pin for each side. I am looking forward to having my Cub back together and running. It will be a solid worker. Mine has a replacement engine and probably not worth a trailerqueen resto. None the less, I would rather have this Cub than any new tractor.

About 6'-10' of snow here in central MO. Just depends where at and who's measuring.Heres forcast and what I wish it was,even if the pic. goes back about 4.5 years.(TYLER&I)

219967.jpg

219968.jpg

Found Tony W's log skidder photos:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Tony Woodrum "Po Ol Hillbilly" (Twoodrum) on Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

OK guys.....finally after a couple years....the infamous LOG SKIDDER!!!

I told ya I'd get around to showin it to ya....

Awaiting sandblasting and paint next! A real workhorse of an attachment for cubs!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

219970.jpg

219971.jpg

219972.jpg

Winter is my time for sharpening the blades on my Cub Cadets. I use an electric grinder, but I find some specialized sharpeners on the internet, such as Bradley, just for lawn mower blades. Anyone had any experience with them?

Here's another photo of Tony W's skidder, this one with a seat for a passenger:

219974.jpg

Kraig,
That skidder giives me ideas!
1a_scratchhead.gif
I need one.
Little by little i'm gettin hang of the pic and snip thing.The pic was from a discount throw away camera.

Back