• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
Kraig Am I correct it slides out to the rear or can it slide out both directions

..Im learning..LOL.
184433.jpg

184434.jpg

Don T,;
Go ahead and bury that plow. The 149 will pull it!

Nate;
Nice furrows!Gonna' be a big garden.
Bobby B.
Shift.gif

Wow, a lot of great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Kraig, thanks for reposting the videos, a lot of great memories there! I wonder what Travis is doing these days? I haven't seen him here in a long time. I don't know if I could plow with you guys and ride in them crazy furrows, I think it'd drive me crazy! LOL

Nice job there Nate! Looking like a first rate job!

Charlie Digger
on the tires we talked about , the v61s
here is some info. I don`t know how close this is to you ?
VREDESTEIN TYRES NORTH AMERICA INC.

13 Bridge Street
Metuchen N.j. 08840
U.s.a.
Telephone: 732-549-2440/800-221-3422
Fax: 732-549-2450
E-mail address: [email protected]

The Ole Nater Tater does so well cause he has built in landside weight!
clappy.gif

184439.jpg

They even modified his seat for him.
184440.jpg

Is there anything I need to know to remove the springs on this 42" blade? I've done the undercarriage, lifting bracket and rod so it's time to tackle this piece.

184443.jpg

Thanks to any and all....Wayne

Nate Peters
Just how long did it take you to plow that field?
That is going to be a big garden!
Shift.gif

Wayne S.
Stand on the opposite side of the spring your taking off.
Take a long screw driver, put it under the top curve of the spring and the other end on the spring and pry it off the top mount pin.
Same thing in reverse for putting it back on.

Don,

Those fittings should be std 37 deg hyd flare...just have those ends put on the hose when you have them made. If in question, take one out of the valve body and take it to the hyd. shop with you

Kraig,
Naw, the 582 has been replace buy a oil burner, but I have a line on another. That 582 ws a NICE tractor!

Brad R.
This last summer while digging up the parking lot up here with the 1450. I had 360 pounds on the rear and it lifted it just fine.
Course had 200 hanging off the front too. LOL

BUT, I thought I need more down pressure in the really hard stuff, and added another 150 pounds.
It lifted it fine 3 times and on the 4th lift, I blew the hose going to the lift cylinder, TWICE.
So I took off the 150 and played with it for almost a week with no problems.

But I've never been known to baby the old 1450 either. The poor thing has endured way more than it should have had to in it's lifetime.

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Thanks that is what I was after in my post. I guess I just did not know how to ask.
One thing life has taught me,If you can help with something you know ,share that with someone who has a need to know.
This place is great because we are willing to share.
Later Don T
thumbsup_old.gif
worthy.gif

Charlie,
Sorry about that. I looked at it, and didn't think I had worded well.
For those curious, I asked how much weight the rear lift would pick up. I saw the weights on the the pictures of the plowing. My tractor had problems lifting weight I had placed on my disc.
Was just wondering.
You guys sure make it look easy to plow and go straight and have the sod turn over that nice.
My efforts... Not so much.
Thanks Charlie!

brad rainey
Sounds like Charlie has set the pump pressure up on his 1450. you might want to check yours and see what you have.I have read that the pressure can be increased. my .02 later Don
old.gif

Don T,
I was wondering about something like that.
I don't know how much weight I had on the back of the disc. But know for sure it was no where near as much as Charlie. Maybe 150#. I also wondered about the placement, too. I had placed the weight on the very back of the disc.
My 1450 has no problems lifting plows, decks, or front blades, just that disc, with the weight.
Thanks for the reply.
Brad

Latest posts

Back