• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 18, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the video and I have a brand new starter georator on the tractor could it still be that?

Jim P.

Yep
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 117
  • thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 126
Jim

I took off the coil to and when I took it off water was coming out it could be that LOL

Quinn

Jim- A 100 doesn't have a solenoid. It has a key switch and a push button unless it's be modified.

Quinn- make sure you have good grounds. If you painted it, it might not be making a good ground.
Nate

Quinn your tractor isn't wired originally then. It should have a keyed on/off(no starting spring loaded position) and a push button that engages the starter/generator. You could have a bad solenoid or so many other issues. Try cleaning all grounds and making sure your wires have good connections before moving forward. That'll be the basis for further investigation.

Quinn,

The 100/70 is probably my favorite cub. I am getting ready to restore one of mine.

Check out the wiring diagrams section near the bottom of the main page. This should help you get the 100 wired up correctly, and help you with electrical troubleshooting.

Fix the 100 like it was back in the 60's and get you a red cub to pull with!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 122
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 125
Marty

Yeah I love the 100 And the originals and I did pull with the 100 once and do you no of a good place I can buy cub parts

Quinn

Quinn, a good place to buy cub parts would be any of the sponsors of this forum (the colorful boxes at the top of the page).

cubwinker.gif

Attachments

• cubwinker.gif
    cubwinker.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 129
  • cubwinker.gif
    cubwinker.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 129
312192.jpg

312193.jpg

Attachments

• 312192.jpg
    312192.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 312193.jpg
    312193.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 312192.jpg
    312192.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 312193.jpg
    312193.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 136
Quinn, one thing. Is your battery fully charged? Not using an old battery to try and boost it? I've done it many times on any piece of equipment trying to jump start and the old battery sucks the juice you're trying to get to the starter.

Jason, I still think you did a great repair on your 149 axle.

Marty

I did have a creeper gear but I had to take it out

Quinn

Quinn,

Yes, it has a creeper.
Why did you take yours out? If it is not working correctly, you can repair it.

Back