• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
matt moredick

just to eliminate the control valve ; do you have a spare to test the system with. The control vale could be a source of the pressure loss as well. If you don`t have a fluid leak , I would check the valve to see if it is ok. It is a closed system and I think that valve is likely the issue. the next possibility would be the ram itself bleeding back to the return side . the O ring could be damaged and creating the fluid loss with in the system with no visible fluid leak. my .02

Doug B - now that is some nice work on that U-bolt. How come there are no pics of it installed yet?
bash.gif

Doub B. Yes, there will be more material once the U shape is bent to a square. Recently had to due it to a U shape to put a lift bracket onto a 127. Don't worry if it isn't perfect. It'll still work. Concentrate on getting the flat piece that will go on the backk the right length more than the two sides.

Had this setup on my 100 before adding hydraulic lift. Didn't let it twist around at all.

293481.jpg

Kirk, nice setup, I like the lift rod.
thumbsup.gif
Problem is that on a high tunnel Cub Cadet like the 123 that Doug has, there are bolt heads, one for the PTO handle and one securing the pedestal tower to the frame that are in the way that cause clearance issues for that setup.

Lewis, I did not know that the later style heat shield had interference issues with a 1x2 grill.
blush.gif
Thanks for that info!
thumbsup.gif

No pics of the installed u bolt, that one was too wide. I will make another today and and test fit tonight. If that one doesn't fit well we'll see what happens over the weekend.

Kraig, Sharp you are!

It would hit the bolt head for the PTO handle...when the PTO handle was still on the tractor. In that pic, thats just a bolt filling the hole where the PTO handle had been bolted on. It didn't need the PTO handle since there is no PTO on engine. This 100 is a dedicated snow pushing, garden plowing tractor. Although I did put the PTO handle back on after installing the hydraulic lift...just because.

I like this black and white pic I took of it a few years ago. It now has tri-ribs and a yellow generator.

293484.jpg

Kirk, great looking 100! I bet it looks even better with the tri-ribs and yellow S/G.
greenthumb.gif

Kirk - nice set up for your previous style bracket clamp. I guess you could modify the flat back plate a little into more of a U pipe clamp shape and it would work as well.
As Kraig noted "Great Looking 100" in the B&W photo. I'm sure Kraig now has that in the special photo archives.

Doug B - geez, I was really hopeful it was gonna work. I'm guessing you'll have to go back to that original brite metal U-clamp you installed in reverse, and use your heat and bend technique on it.

Harry B. I'm not giving up yet. I ordered over a
1 1/8 muffler clamp - actual id is about 1 1/4, and performed the appropriate modification. I will test fit it when I get home.

David S. Now go to the motorcycle museum in Anamosa and pick up some Strong Arm Spray and put it on that clamp. Or if you get the non spray bottle then soak it and within a week or less you'll actually be able to free up those round spacers from the rest of the clamp with very little effort.
happy.gif

I'll just crank out some new ones, not a problem!
Now all I gotta do is help the guy whose 104 it came off of get it running.

Looks like it has sat outside for at least a century!! The carb is soaking and at least the S/G spins the engine so that's a good sign anyway.

Allen S. I checked under the motorcycle details section... CLICK HERE and sure enough they have it. It is at the very bottom of the page and the last item listed.
happy.gif
Who in the world is that 'really great" person? Or better yet.. do we really want to know.
293493.gif
Fancy's the only "really great" (he tells us daily) kitty.

David S. For heaven's sake send me that piece and I'll soak it in Strong Arm. I'll add it to my collection of neat Cub Cadet history pieces. I already possess two really cool items that I've sworn to secrecy as to what they are and where they've come from. They are somewhat a blessing and a curse (in a super great way). I can never sell them or give them away or post pictures. However if you were to stop by I could show them to you only then Fancy would have to have you swear to keep the secret.

Marlin, as the old joke used to say, "I see said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw!" So why do they call it 'cleaner' if its a rust buster? Dummys...
Did further digging and found this includes a picture of what appears to be Charlie and his 'backwards' snow blower!
shhh.gif

Allen S. You can use it to restore the shine on old paint and other surfaces also. They have the video showing it used to loosen the Briggs engine that sat in water for years and to start a 1970 snow covered Ford pickup that also sat for years. Remeber all those tiny little nuts on the rear reflectors on the early Cubs? Just spray that on and I wait overnight and the next morning I can take a pliers and gently twist back and forth and soon have a once very solid rusted nut come off with damage to the threads. Click onto the HUGE Useages site at the top of their page you posted. They even have a product to use on snow removal equipment. I need to start buying in bulk. I use the spray cans too fast helping others loosen stuff they bring over or have me fix up.
happy.gif

Off to work... Everyone be safe and have a wonderful week.
293496.gif

Latest posts

Back