• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbranstetter

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Brian Branstetter
Well I got the new head gasket put on last night and now I've got to go back and get it retorqued so I can put it back together. Weather man is calling for 1 to 2 but better be ready just in case.

Had to build some new skids for the snow blade to, darn things were on back order at cub and they sure seem expensive for no more than they are. I went down and bought two end pieces of bar stock and had them radiused in the lathe and welded the bolt on myself. I think theres right around $3 in making both of them.

Ken,
We used the trailer to take the Cub Cadet(s) to our farm where we raised hogs and had a large truck garden. The Cub Cadets pulled small wagons and most of the grass mowing and weed cutting.

My Dad had Polio and could only walk with leg braces. Being a old "farm boy" we would get him up onto the Ol' 8N Ford to do whatever "chores" that could be done with that tractor. I guess when he was "working" he felt that he was making his keep. Dad was a big guy in his youth, Polio knocked him down a peg, but you never pissed him or "dised" him either.

Anyhow, we would go to the farm all summer weekends and whenever extra chores needed to be done like bailin' hay, sorting hogs, shovelin' s--t, fixin' feces, roofing and painting barns, and so on. We worked the garden and brought produce for my little sister to sell from the front yard as shown in the pic with the 127 and trailer. In that image she's out there with he little friends at Halloween. A lot of the crops were given to friend, neighbors, and cousins that I only saw in late summer. Funny I never saw them in the sprinng and heat of summer at planting, hoeing, weding, and picking time. 8-(

Getting off track again. We wore out the 100 and the 127 at home and at the farm. The farm was sold and Dad bought the 1650 with the oprional arm rests. With are rests he was able to get onto the tractor and not have too much worry about sliding off. He would cut our one acre lot at home and afterwards cruse the neighborhood having a beer with one neighbor and stop for another along the way.

Dad died in spring 1980 but the 1650 didn't go with him. Still have it as I post!

Wouldn't shovelin s--t and fixin feces be the same thing? LOL

my dash tower has some real bad spots in it and I was thinking about cutting some of it out and welding in some new material. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on the subject.

Tim, what kind of dash tower do you have and just how much cutting will you have to do? You may want to consider finding one that is in better shape!

Your body work skills will need to considered as well.

Brian L. Maybe you haven't been on a farm, I would rather fix fence any day.

Matt,
dash is off the 100. About 50% of one side is crumbling away. Found a replacement in classifieds but thought I would get some other input before I commit.

John W
About the quiteline fuel shut off I have been thinking of adding a 12v fuel switch inline I don't want to cut into the side panels I could either have it with it's own switch or wire it to ignition switch.
Brent R I use autocad 2002 for all my building plans
I don't know it that good but I get buy.

hey fella's could someone please clear up an issue my neighbour and i have .what is the rpm of the qa36 snow thrower at full rpm we have a couple of guesses but i m hopin i m closer than he is ...heheh

Greg
I'll let you know tomorrow we are supossed to be getting 12" to 18" after midnight I'll throw the photo tach on it

well guys i lost again. i tryed to get a snow blade for my 149 on greedy bay but lost out in the last 2 sec. i hate greedy bay..
75380.jpg

Greg -
Patrick -

Shame on you guys !!
Figure the ratio by the engine RPM and the diameter of the drive line ... ie ... pulleys , cogs ...

Don - Quit being so cheap and BID HIGHER !
bouncy.gif

Don T. and all,
I normally don't post greedbay links but that no good SOB seller just shilled that auction to run it up and see how high it would go for and relisted the blade with a reserve.
Here's the ended auction,
http://tinyurl.com/2af4aq
And here's his new one!
http://tinyurl.com/yq8ha5

How bout everyone turn him in to Safeharbor!

The high bidder seems to have an 85% history with the seller ...

He seems to like $300+ for his blades as he's sold 3

Hey all, recently bought 126, engine has slight noise but i think a valve adjustment will cure that, The real problem I cant seem to fix is a flat spot or stumble off idle. Carb has been rebuilt,all new electrical parts. Im still thinking junk in carb.? Help!

well Ken i have to pay 48.00 US to get the blade to Frank C and then shipping here to nova scotia and that comes to a lot. I won`t bid on that blade again he can stick it lol. i`ll take and buy an atv plow and get the right bracket for the 149 and make one. I just won`t have an IH blade.
]
coffee.gif

Don - As long as it pushes snow and dirt who cares ;)

Ray - It could still be the carb or the timing might be off a little or points , spark plug or bad gasket between carb/engine.

Charlie - There's dandruff falling from the sky here, time to switch Mother Nature over to H&S ;)

Brian "L",
Well I don't know about you, but fence fixing smells/tastes better that shovelin' s t.

Ken
Yes I could do that but thats only if the Motor is set to the correct RPM which in my case it is a little off plus not having the ratio of the gear box it's easier to just throw a piece of reflective tape on it and use my new tach I gotta justify buying it

Latest posts

Back