• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am too young to remember the metal oil cans. In the mid 90's one summer, Dad came home from a yard sale with a shiny oil can spout. I asked him what it was for, as he was telling me he realized metal cans hadn't been used for years. Then he said, well no wonder it was only 25 cents. He still laughs about it to this day.

Hi everyone. Newbie to the Kohler engine here. Is there a way to adjust ignition timing on these things? My engine pops and wants to run, but just won't. It is getting gas and spark. Points and plug are gapped. Brand new carb rebuild. With my experience with cars, I would just turn the distributor fore and aft until she ran, then make final adjustments with the light. Can anybody make a suggestion, recommendation and how? I've checked the archives to little avail. Thanks!

Does anyone know is the rear pto kit still availible for a 1000 thanks John

Brian J.
If ya check the FAQ page listed above, there's a place there to download the Kohler engine manual for FREE.
thumbsup_old.gif

It tells and shows ya all that good stuff.

Brian J:
Yes - best info is in the Kohler manual - check FAQ number <u>6</u> to see where to download the manual from..

Welcome to the Forum !!

Charlie - you still typin' at 200 WPM??

Dennis - Heck man I remember when we had to milk our oil straight from the dinosaurs ! Man they hated cold hands
biggrin.gif

Kendell - ... and how much carnage did you do "dippin" ?

I just know figured out why my cub 100 was acting up the other day.
When I would try to take off in 3rd gear at WOT the motor acted like it was flooding out, and it was getting hard to fire up.

FAQ. #6 showed me the error I was making.

Kohler K-series service manual K161 thru K341
page 8.2
Static Timing Method

I had mis-read #4.

I took the hydro filter off my #2 782 the other day with an IH rear end to start pulling the hydro out to do a trunnion seal repair. I found a small chunk of non-metallic composite material at the inlet of the filter that has a radius along one edge. Only thing I can think of that this would be from is one of the internal brake pads. I changed Hytran a year ago and the inside of the transmission was clean so this happened during the past year of use.

Questions: Has anyone had this happen to them? The brake still works but should I be concerned that the rest of the pad will continuing to crumble until it no longer works? How do you remove the brake pivot shaft common to the cast brake arm and transmission case? Is it pressed into one end of the transmission case? I've removed the adjusting screw and can't find any roll pins holding the pivot shaft in the arm but it's seems rock solid when I tap it with a hammer and doesn't want to budge. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think i read a post here about a quart of oil in a metal can well i thought i would post a picture!q is there a picture of the Cub Cadet with the 1 arm loader around. i know that i saw
it awile back .. thanks DonT
coffee.gif

]
75070.jpg

Todd Heaton (Theaton) do you want to sell that spout for my can lol
bouncy.gif

Kraig or anyone,

I need a closeup pic of a 104 grill and blank light panel. Thanks!

Donald T, I would if I had it. That among lots of Dads other goodies have been lost or left over the years. Mainly due to my parents devorcing/marring twice and then the big split occured.

To keep on topic, an IH cub trailer was lost,left behind, sold, etc...

Lets try this again, still trying to get pictures figured out.

just off the trailer
75075.jpg

75076.jpg

Not a lot of Hydro maintenance by previous owner
75077.jpg

Don T,
That don't look like no American quart. (It is a metal can tho)

proud.gif

Brian Lanasa (Blanasa) well your right there the can was produced in Ontario Canada and i have 3 of them.Just thought a day would come it might come in handy lol like when i saw the post for a Quart of oil. Later DonT

gotta question for all you 3 point cat0 guys.

when you have your adjustable linkages for your lower arms extened to the recomended max. And move your hydro lever to allow the lower arms to drop to their lowest point. What is the distance from the ground the the center of the hole you connect your impliment to? I am thinking this is different between a super garden tractor and the one made for a 782?

Strait H.

Looks like the trunion is going to need a little repair on your newly aquired 127.

Latest posts

Back