• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Monday, January 07, 2008 - 10:06 pm:
As we all already know, Hydros are much better than gear drives!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
You, my friend, are an idiot.
happy.gif

Geardrives rule, Hydros whine and drool!

'Slushies' are only great for marking territory with "slushie spoo" and creating slip and fall hazards in the garage.

My Cub herd...70, 71, 72, 73, 582, 1204, 382 (Cyrus') <font size="-2">and a 1872</font>

Jerry B.- Scott Cross used to make dual spacers similar to what Charlie posted on the drain tile. I believe he used 12" PVC drain pipe ring, and it had 4 little wedges to keep it centered in the rim. I have a set, and use 4 bolts to hold the outer wheel on, and have never had any problems. I mostly use them for flotation, but do have a rear suitcase setup for 5 42lb weights that I have used them with. Dual 6x12s were on the 71, and now on the CCC 1204.

Hey Bryan,
I see your new "Tag". What's with the "People before Frieght" BS in Barrington?? What do they wanna' do, give ROW to the BMW's and MB's first??I guess you're getting to work too fast these days.

Jerry "B" and Ryan "M",
Have you ever seen Mike Masheis' dual whel adapters??

Hymmmm, seems those hydros atract the dirt and grime. One more reason to own a gear d.... Sorry that is my last dig. Til it comes up again ofcourse.

Strait H, It is always good to start with a complete tractor (less grille). I have found that it is easier to replace parts when ya know where they go, and what they look like.
biggrin.gif

Tom- Sure, but for a lot less, I got what I needed done...but for a show tractor, I would go with Mike's. I think I bought these before Mike got in the business and after Dan kinda got out.

Ryan M.
Well just bring your tractor to PD, I've got the chain and we'll settle it.
I win, I take yours, you win, you take mine!
75083.jpg

I think there may be two of those metal can spouts kicking around my parent's farm. We used to use them for the cans of Arctic Cat "Purple Power Lube" two cycle oil for mixing with the gas in the 1972 Arctic Cat 292 Panther. I'll have to have a look next time I'm there, I think I might know right where at least one of them is. There might be a 5 gallon can of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> gear oil too, no Hydro oil though.
dunno.gif

D.Ryan, I agree geardrives rule.

I disagree, Charlie along with many others on this site seem to have a very keen knowledge of ALL cubs.

I enjoy this site for info, chat and the every day disagreement, I.E FUN
angry.gif
to you

the last archived posts have 3 links to my cub and then in the other has 2 links to my 82 snapper.

hope to learn alot off the site

theo

Latest posts

Back