• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norm Peacey
My 129 as you can see has the brake style pto,I like it and the pto has not given me any issues and works great. An electric pto would cost $$$$ to buy for sure and I have only one tractor with the electric pto and I have not used it yet so I can`t say how they work. Later Don T

Morning Frank C
coffee.gif

Dave R.
That's an excellent idea!! I'll have to look into that.. An "Off-Lights-Lights w/strobe" switch sounds doable...

Norm P:
1) The IH GSS-1439 Service Manual for the 1x8/9 Series (only), does NOT show an electric clutch - only the Mechanical PTO that came with the 1x9/9 Series Cub Cadets!!
2) The later IH GSS-1464 Service Manual which includes both the 1x8/9 Series <u>and</u> the Quiet Line Series shows the Mechanical PTO for the 1x8/9 Series and the Electric PTO Clutch for the QL Models... That doesn't mean that they interchange...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

'Mornin', Don. Which tractor has the electric PTO?
coffee.gif

I'm heading out now to take one off the 1200. Cutting the herd, part by part! Also going to pull at least one NF spindle, maybe 2, so I'll be done with the taper reamer. It's not too cold to do it this morning, and it's either that or do dishes.
clappy.gif

BTW, the electric PTO takes the guesswork out of whether or not to ease the clutch in - it snaps in.
angel.gif

Hey Norm P-nice to see a fellow cub collector in Ontario Canada.I see you need an engine-may be able to locate one around here if you still need one.Let me know.Keith W.

Josh:
I think they serve that across the street...

Hello eveyone
I'm new to this forum. I have read around for ideas on saving a engine. Bought a 129 and the 12 hp kohler was bored .030 it is scored up bad and smokes alot. How can I save this block, can it be bored to accept a 14 hp piston. Are there rebuild kits over .030? I will continue reading through the archives, I'm sure some of you have done this before.

Latest posts

Back