• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the snow plow front, I used a misc. narrow frame sub frame on my 1200 for a while. Fell off more times than I can count. I came across a really nice wide frame blade, and looked side by side. 'Huh, these are different'
bash.gif

No wonder I had such issues. This was very shortly after getting the 1200 from Charlie, my first cub, and actually thinking about differences in parts among the generations did not dawn on me then.

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 100
BTW, narrow sub frame had been cut, welded, drilled, bolted, narrowed, widened, and painted brown. If I still had it, I would take a pic, sorry, left quite a while ago.

I have something I've never seen before and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on why this guys PTO spring snapped all 3 ends off after he put a new kit in it.
I've seen one break, but never all 3 at the same time!
He says that it did good for about 15 minutes throwing snow and POOF!
301443.jpg

Attachments

• 301443.jpg
    301443.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 301443.jpg
    301443.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 97
Charlie, you mention a 'new kit', but how come everything is so rusted?? Anyone tinkering with springs over the years will realize they snap when rusty. I wonder also if that spring was misformed as it has different lengths sticking out between the pressure fingers. JMHO

Looks like he did not replace /install the fiber button correctly.the pto arm broke off the tabs.

Allen,
Springs come out of the package with surface rust, that always have since I've been messing with them.

Lew,
That was my first thought, but there's no indication that anything was touched by the arm.

Charlie,

Almost looks like something started to rub on the cast rim of the clutch housing (ripping off the spring tabs, but not getting into the arms). Did something come loose on the thrower, or get kicked up behind it? Too short of a belt and thrower adjustment bracket riding too high (long shot)......?????

Supposedly and I use the term loosely!
That is how it came off the tractor.
Like I said, I've never seen all 3 break and the exact same time!!!
The double nuts on the backside look to be pretty close to right.
I'm going to pull it apart tomorrow and I'm betting the guy didn't clean up the disc surfaces at all.
I'm just going to bite the bullet, rebuild it like I do all mine and send it back to him.
That way I'll know if he does it again, there's something else wrong.
Oh yea!
I'm going to take pics and dye all the pieces I replace! LOL
Been there and done that many times, cause you can't believe how many try to return switched parts. And YES they try it all the time.
A black light and dye have caught many.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 108
busted triangle springs on my clutches have always been just the tips, and one at a time. my guess is the tension/tightening of the nuts on the back, or you're not getting the full story as you alluded to.

Latest posts

Back