• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Dennis F - I did a little research and found you were correct until 1985. Viscosity developed the HyTran for IH in 1961. I can't tell exactly when Tenneco acquired the Agri div of IH (maybe 83/84) but in 1985 they acquired Viscosity oil, which is why I thought they were part of the same corp. Sometimes it's hard to keep the decades correct.
In the end, just stick with HyTran and you can't go wrong.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Harry Bursell

Harry you should know it`s never safe to ASS/U/ME,
The angle kit works great.

Denny with his Metamucil lol

Marlin H.,

I wanted to let you know I finally had time to look at the 982. Started with the linkage and it turns out there was some room for improvement. Got that straightened out and saw an immediate, dramatic improvement; probably 75% better. Haven't started tearing into the valve issue yet but I will when it warms up some. I wanted to say thanks again for the help and the links; they provided much help.

Don Cook

Picked up a cub cadet today at a barn sale, it's a 149. I had no idea there was such a huge following for them. I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm looking for all the info I can get. It runs great and everything works, but I don't have any attachments for it and have no idea what's out there. I would love to find a scraper box or a blade for it, is that possable? I don't even know if stuff like that was ever made for it. And if it is how does it hook up the the rear? there's only a plate with a 2inch ball. Any info would be great. Thanks

Don C. You are welcome. I'm glad to hear that you're making progress. And THANK YOU for keeping us updated.
happy.gif

Greg N. Welcome Aboard!!! You will love that 149. They are a great little tractor.

Off to work. Everyone have a wonderful day.

CHARLIE - HA-HA. It was a cold 16 oz Coors Light. Since Miller & Coors joined a couple years ago it's the cheapest beer around.

HARRY - Yhe official notification of Tennaco buying IH ag was in '84, the Farmall plant closure was in May '85 and Tennaco started pulling equipment from the plant before that. When I was inside the plant for the Last Farmall ceremony the plant was EMPTY. You could see the north & south walls from about anywhere in the plant.

It's odd about Tennaco/JI Case, Tennaco owned LOTS of companies, Container Corp of America, and I think Walker Muffler, Oil&Gas exploration companies, and a ocean freight company back then, think it was oil tankers. But unlike most large companies there were no rules that they had to do business with each other. It doesn't really surprise me that Tennaco bought Viscosity Oil, that was a better fit for them than IH Ag actually.

TOM H. - My Wife said the exact same thing when we walked out of the restaurant after lunch about 1:30 yesterday afternoon. 50 Degrees on Jan 5th will NOT go unpunished!

50*? It's going to hit 60+ here in Virginia this weekend! I guess I'm not even going to get to try out my 682 in the snow this year. Winter, where art thou?

Greg N.
WELCOME.gif

check out the FAQ's, the sponsor boxes above, and the manual section... It'll show you a good portion of what's available...

http://ccmanuals.info/index2.html...

Greg N. Welcome aboard!...You have a keeper there...The 149 is a great tractor..There is still a large amount of implements available for them. And it is great having the hydro lift.Check the vendors above plus the classified section for used stuff..

Good morning all,

Well, last night was pretty productive. I managed to wrestle the driveshaft off of the engine coupling and split the project 125. I then pulled the relief valve for the reverse and was able to free up the valve button.
buttrock.gif

I did a quick inspection of the trunion and things seem pretty tight, but I'll know more today after I borrow my brother's power washer and clean up the rear end/hydro unit. With a little luck I should have everything put back together by mid-day tomorrow. Should have just taken the day off work today, lol...

Thanks for all the help and support on this one guys!
worthy.gif

Brent

Brent, good to hear that you got the transmission out and the check valve repaired. BTW, when you power wash it, please be aware that there is a breather at the back of the cast transmission/differential. Might be a good idea to avoid directly spraying at it.

234070.jpg

234071.jpg

TONY - Normal or average high for Jan 5th is about 25 degrees. I'll take 25 degrees higher than normal any day with $2/gal LP for heat.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

That is one of the things I use the handy mans friend for (duck tape). I cover the breather hole with tape to keep water from getting in the hytran.

Re: 125 no crank
Thanks Donald & Kraig.
I did check that the switch was getting pressed and wires looked intact. What still confuses me is the needle pegging to 'C'. After looking at the electrical diagrams, I can't figure how voltage would flow back through the charge indicator (toward the solenoid) without the generator making juice...(???) I'm now leaning towards a bad solenoid.

234074.jpg

Noah Swanson

first I would jump that brake switch , I think you are saying you see a charge when the switch is on ? Might be the voltage regulator has a burnt contact point, but i`am just new at this, so try the jumper wire first and check spark at the plug wire.

Noah Swanson
( I'm now leaning towards a bad solenoid. )

you can cross out the solenoid with a screw diver to see if its now working. but unless you have tested your switch you don`t know what is up. A good battery that will stand a discharge and go from there and test as you go. Dang I think you can use a jumper wire from the battery to the coil and use jumper cables on the starter gen and It should run.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ahh, good catch Kraig. I had forgotten about the breather. I'll be sure to cover it up to protect it when I spray down the rear end.

Kraig,

Do a couple of the frame to differential bolts go all the way through the differential case? I think that I was warned about Hytran leaking out of these holes if I tilted my rear end up to repair a leak at the brake.

If this is true, then these bolts should be reinstalled in the case to prevent leaking of Hytran, but also to keep water out when power washing a split tractor.

Is this true, or am I mistaken?
dunno.gif

Ken,

You are correct the top holes do go through in many castings.

Latest posts

Back