• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
86s aren't all that rare. I think they made more than 8000 of them. The 800 (2,345 units) 169 (~4,000 units) and 126, oddly (~4,500 units) are among the rarest.

I may have found out why I couldn't start my 126 after rebuilding the K301. Only after taking off the breaker cover to watch the points did the engine start. I think that the connector was shorting to the cover!
I still have issues with the carb but at least I can get the thing to purr.
Happy New Year

As of 5 minutes ago I now own the Cub Cadet 86. I'll pick it up later today and sneak it
shhh.gif
(I mean) bring it home after dark. I told him to hold the 1200 for me also. Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to get a few photos. I think that makes around 80 or so that I currently own. I know I need professional help...but it sure is fun being Cub Cadet Crazy.
clappy.gif

She is to the point that I think she can smell one coming home with me a mile away. You wouldn't believe some of the stories I could tell about getting caught bringing another one home when I thought she was gone. Cub Cadets have been a blessing to our home. They keep me out of trouble (most of the time) and she ends up getting something for the house (carpet, furniture, front door...) each time I get caught (bring home another CC that is). Her biggest complaint is having 4 garage bays and no place to park here car inside during the winter. At lest I get up early and warm it up before she leaves for work.

Well, my wife does park in the garage. Next to the cub...She laughs because I have my car outside in the snow and the cub in the garage.Told her I could knock out the wall to the family room and extend the garage. Then at least the garage will be heated!! But then again, I wouldhave to give up the fireplace. Cant do that! So the car sits in the driveway while the cub stays dry and ready to go!!
bubbly.gif
buttrock.gif
screwloose.gif

Mike L.-
I'm going to give you my wife's cell-phone number. Would you PLEASE call her and repeat these words to her and then hang up???

"...I think that makes around 80 or so that I currently own."

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">PLEASE?!?!?!?!</font></font>
roflol.gif

Mike LaMar
Your one lucky man lol. My wife says 10 is to many ,Well I will have to extend the side of my shop soon another 14 x 30 unheated but dry storage for Cubs and decks ect.Later Don T

And my wife thought 4 was enough, I do have a 18x26 storage for them unheated this year but not next. Mike yes please post a few photos of the heard
183513.jpg

Same here. My cubs are in the garage next to my wife's van and my truck stays outside in the elements. Got to prioritise, in 5 years I'll have a new truck, but the cubs will be with me forever.

I have 7 cubs and spend way too much time day dreaming about all the ways to use them or ways to make them better. 80 would put me over the edge. Just another cub cadet home whose wife's car sits outside.

My truck has to sit outside no matter what's in the garage. It's too long to fit anyway. So at least 1 Cub gets parked next to my wife's Jeep WJ. The new Jeep is sitting outside for now until I can clean out enough space for it to fit next to my wife's. I have 3 more Cubs in a building in the backyard and 3 more under a tarp next to it. And yes, I'm always looking for my next Cub. Although with the recent purchase of the TJ that will slow down some.

Art, here's a pic for you. More in the Sandbox.

183537.jpg

With my 127 in the background to somewhat suffice Charlie I hope.

Hay guys I am looking for a link to the killer kohler right up. I was reading it but now cant find it.
thumbsup_old.gif

I need some help with my 1200 while snowblowing and running fine it started sputtering then let out a loud backfire, and stalled now it just turns over but wont try to start. The PO must of had trouble with the ingnition switch because he put in a push button that you use to crank the engine after you turn ingnition on. I am wondering where to start looking for the problem any ideas

Jeff B,
Sounds like your exhaust valve has stuck open... a common malady on the Kohlers... It's pop closed eventually.. Check you timing, cooling fins, and try some MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) in your tank...

Back