• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David, I will take a picture of the running 1650 showing trunion to get differing points of view..... But if I recall it is in the same state. The biggest issue I have is that the two levers are acting as one (seized together) and springs see no action at all. Is a tomorrow project
greenthumb.gif

Will Monday, March 5th be the anniversary date?

I have been here 9 years, and only fully restored/refurbished four tractors.I gotta pick up the pace!
err.gif

Yeah, but I have bought 18 of them!!!
biggrin.gif

Marty, yes, Monday March 5th. I've been here for most of the 20 years and have only refurbished one. And I only have two in running condition at the moment.
facepalm.gif

Jeff B.

Great job getting your 1650 running. Since it set for a lengthy period of time, I suspect the damper plate (part with the similar to Chevy emblem shape) is rusted tight to the Hydro pump trunnion shaft, thereby negating the damper springs from doing their job. I'd start with removing the snap ring on the shaft and spraying a good penentrating oil on it and see if you can work it loose. Clean up the shaft with emery cloth and coat it with a light layer of grease. The damper plate should pivot freely on the trunnion shaft.

New damping springs and getting the trunnion arm slot back in shape, per the FAQ items Kraig provided, will ensure smooth hydro drive action for years to come.

Ok guys...I STILL haven't been able to get the 127 running.
A quick recap-I was getting spark but the engine wouldn't fire.
After reading some input from you guys I went ahead and replaced the spark plug, condenser, and the points but am still not getting anywhere. No fire from the engine but an occasional backfire. I tested the plug wire for resistance and it is reading roughly 9k ohms which I think is pretty standard for that wire but I could be wrong. Also, I am reading roughly 4 ohms across the positive and negative side of the coil.
Any other ideas of what might be going on or tests that I can do to determine what might be happening?

Christopher Y-sounds like you have spark covered,have you checked fuel?have to changed the fuel lines,is there a blockage in the tank/carburetor.check those areas next.id bet your carburetor is gummed up

Ethan, The Carb was also rebuilt last week. Definitely getting fuel.

Doug, Im a newbie at all of this so forgive my ignorance. But I thought that by replacing the points and setting the gap (to .020) that I essentially was taking care of any timing issue that might have been there. Am I way off with this assumption?

Christopher-ok cool,I thing Doug maybe getting at the fact that the timing controls the opening and closing of the points,if the timings off in the motor itself the points won’t function properly.

Christopher-also will your 127 run/backfire on starting fluid?or off the carb?

Latest posts

Back