• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
The crankshaft on my 129 looked like yours last year. My pulley was also wore badly. I found a used pulley that was tight on the crankshaft, put a longer key in and ground the end like the one for your Killer Kohler, and used either JB weld or liquid steel to fill in around the key. I let the filler harden and filed it just enough to get the pulley on. It ran all last year to mow the grass and has not come loose yet.

Kraig - You want to chamfer or tapper it ... now I see said the blind man ;)

as he ------ into the wind, it all comes back to me now

Donald T,
On your 129 loader tractor, what's the story with what looks like a horn button on the pedestal just behind the PTO lever?

Bruce, lol a horn button it has one installed by po. i left it to warn wife to get out of the way or when its time to bring refreshments.Can someone tell me where to get the info on putting in ujoints on the drive shaft? thanks Don T

Don T.
http://cubfaq.com/questions.html

Maybe question #25.
talker.gif

Art, I just realized that you were using your 2072 for snow removal not your 1872. Do you notice much performance difference between the 18 and the 20?
dunno.gif

Thanks Charlie, i will do that ujoint mode on my 129.i will order the parts right away because we will be painting the 129 and the 104 soon and i want the repairs done before the paint is applied.Thanks again Don T
coffee.gif

Kraig-
I was wondering when you were going to ask..
happy.gif

I think so, but right now it's not an apples-to-apples comparison because one of them (1872 vs 2072) isn't right on the top-end.
<font size="-2">Not to mention the "18" doesn't have a snowblower on it so I'm working from memory...</font>

Either the "20" is turning too fast, or the "18" is turning too slow at W.O.T. I'll have to put a tach to them and see which is what's up.

All of that said, I do notice a bit more low-end grunt out of the 2072, and I don't think high-end RPM would make much difference there.
dunno.gif

I guess my answer is "yes"...
bouncy.gif

Ok gang had a good one this morning about 5AM, moving 2 inches of snow here at the hospital sidewalks. Old 1650 (Gus)died on the spot so shoveled for awhile then got a light and started tearing into it. Middle of the sidewalk ol pop with some tools tearing this old guy down.

Had good spark at the plug but changed it anyway, checked all the wiring that was ok, seemed to be getting fuel but just wouldn't start. Ok tore the breather off checked the fuel line yep getting fuel to the carb. So guess what I finally found?

Amswer after while!!
deadat30.gif
Oh and yes I got him running again and pushed snow for another 3 hours.

Pops

Is there a place anyone knows of that has a pictures of each model. I ask because I spotted a Cub that looks like a 122,
drool.gif
but I can not get close enough (without getting bit that is
proud.gif
) to make it out. It does not look like the numbers 122. There seam to be more than one 1. Thanks in advance.

Donnie, could be a model 71 and you're seeing the 7 as a 1. Or it could be a 102 and the 0 at an angle looks like a 1.
dunno.gif

One suggestion: B I N O C U L A R S.
angel.gif

79770.jpg

79771.jpg

Ok Pops is tired going home to take a nap.

Answer is: broken spring from throttle to governor body. You never know with these old guys!! Lol

Pops------------have good one.

I finaly got the new cub.went down this morning and picked it up
79777.jpg

ignore the gray monster in the background,it was free!!
79778.jpg

79779.jpg

It came with a couple extras,front rims,a steering box,wireing harness,and an extra hydro pump

do the cubs have enough power for 12inch plows? I would like to get one.Im not sure i want a 12 inch or smaller,id use it for a 20x50 back yard grden
thanks

Latest posts

Back