• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kent-Originals are a 7/8" front spindle. And yes,you are goofy.
wink.gif

Finally had a good cub day in the garage. Got the new cutting edge on the snow blade and some new skid shoes. Then I proceeded to place the engine into the 1450 after the mail came and I had the parts that I ordered just on Tuesday afternoon arrived. Plan on bolting the engine in tommorrow or this weekend and then run it and retourqe the head. Weather guessers are saying that we should get some ice and snow over night so I guess I'm ready now.

(Message edited by hsimon on February 19, 2004)

Art -

You mean you don't have Kraig's CDs????

15954.jpg

<font size="-2">wow, that didn't reduce at all like I thought it would...</font>

Kraig,
How many watts is that heater? I have been thinking about getting one for my hard starting
123 snow machine. I was looking in a catalog at
work and we listed a 150 watt and a 300 watt.

AFAIK, the Original creepers offered an approximate 3:1 ratio of reduction, through the bottom transfer shaft.

I know all the other creepers, the CI ones and the aluminum-bodied MTD ones were a true planetary reduction drive, with 4:1 reduction. So, 2.3 mph gear goes down to about .6 mph.

Hey Welderup, did ya ever count the teeth on that M & W? what's it's reduction?

Picking up my first gear model, a 100 Saturday, looking in the owners manual for the 123 is stats either HY Tran or 30 weight oil for transmission. Wondering what is best or recommended to use, in Chicago area so cold is a factor.

Thanks, Jim

Tedd,
I'm up for some "dirt work" too! <font size="-2">(Still have the frost to deal with though)</font>

(Message edited by thoffman on February 19, 2004)

Steve S.,
Regarding the balance gears,
15957.jpg

Can you say BOOM?

Just kidding, best of luck with the K321. Kenny

Hey guys, I got some pics to post, but they are wayyyyyy too big. Can anyone lend a hand here?

Geez, hockey pucks, Grenades? Tough crowd out there. Well now that they're cleaned up and I have the shim kit, they're going in! I'll let you know when the first one launches itself through the side of the block.
bazooka.gif

Todd, it is a 200 watt, must be the same model that Charlie has.

Latest posts

Back