• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-
Steel nails....right...
15948.jpg

Hey All,

Would that axle from the 1541 fit a Model 70? I'd love to have my grass cutter turn like that. Just something else to rub my JD neighbor's nose into.

Jimmy Mac

Jim-
It fits on any IH-built Cub Cadet, dunno about an Orignal though.

Jim, I think Wyatt also put one of the "super steer' axles on his 1x2 project tractor.

Oh Wyatt.....

Under edit: Never mind, Wyatt is one step ahead of me this time. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 19, 2004)

Denny, what is the grill on your 72 made of? Looks like the bar grill from a 71,1x2/3 series....

Though I thought that the Super steer axle intrerfers with the mow deck when turning. Maybe I'm wrong.....

When are we going to get together at Steves place again?? I want to play in the dirt .
sad.gif
His place is nice and close. I'll help out with the funding.

Tedd-
Doesn't interfere, in fact I think it's a little more clearance. Note the top view, the spindles sit a little further foreward than IH-built axles.

The only thing I've had interference with is wide lug front tires and the lift rod on my 54" blade, and it's only a slight rub.

Heh, Wyatt said wide, rod and rub...
lol.gif

KRAIG - Grill is made from 1/2" wide aluminum channel Pop-Riveted together. Grill that was in the 72 when I bought in in 1981 was pretty well trashed. The Ole' Girl doesn't look too bad considering the rattle-can paint job was about 21 yrs old at the time of that pic. New parts were still avail. from ANY IH Dealer when I refurbished it in the spring of '81, Just Real Expensive. IH hadn't sold the line to MTD yet. Ahhhhhh The Good Old Days! Right Front spindle on the tractor was bent at an odd angle from a encounter with a ditch, or stump, or ???? before I bought it. We got a stray odd yellow part in from IH's Broadview Parts Depot one night My Boss had sitting on His desk one morning Assembly at FARMALL couldn't identify. Using this stray part My right front wheel didn't camber out at ALL! Amazing!

Kraig I had the same trouble finding the gallon can of carb cleaner ...called all the local parts stores can't get it or it would be 24.99...Then I went to La Crosse yesturday and stopped by farm fleet , they had it and it was only 11.99 so I picked up a can... and got a carb for my k 301 soaking right now.

Kraig, Thanks for the photos of the magnet heater. I will get one for next winter, or if I happen to get a gear drive that I can turn into a snow plow only machine, I won't need the magnet! I'm sure today is just a tease, but it is in the 40's here in Toledo. When/where is the next plow day scheduled? I would like to get to one, meet all of you, and dial in my 125 and plow.

I just got to thinkin about creepers and was wondering if any one knew what the gear reduction was on those things. I checked all my stuff and dint find anything other than how to install the dang thing.

I can tell you the one on my original puts all of the gears slowerthan std 1st gear if that helps...

Initially I thought it would split the gears, giving me 6 useable gears for plowing, but they're all too slow.

Hey.....I got a question?
I thought the Originals had a 1" spindle on the front. My Original that I have now is checking out at .875. I'm I just goofy or what?
confused.gif

Back