• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrichardson

displayname
jason richardson
Doug, Really love the way your 149 is coming along. I got the fuel line installed better for the 10hp. You should make a trip south and stop by so that you could give it a try. I really like the extra power. After I get the stupid oil plug out so that I can drain the oil, the deck is going on and I can see how well it does in tall 3' grass in 3rd gear... Wait, since I added about a 3rd more hp, I can cut 4' grass in third, and ummm... well ok, enough of that...

Steve, Wyatt, that was also the voyage of the Suburban. I miss that thing
lol.gif

Charlie - Did ya have the neighborhood inspector over checking out the cub in action???

Everybody is thanking me for making the snow stop here in NY... funny how that works as soon as your freshly restored snow removal equipment gets put back into service... not more than an inch... i'm digging out fire hydrants for fun, now...
wink.gif

WYATT - That mud packed on Your frt wheels is One way to increase ground clearance right? ;-) I remember at PD #1 Dan H. & I were having problems with frt ground clearnace.... Him with His frt Diff. housing on the FWA, and Me with My old front end weights.

Scott T-

You too? My office is thanking me for stopping the snow, because I traded in a sports coupe for a Jeep Wrangler. Same thing happened the winter after I bought my first Cub.

Ah, the magical powers of irony!

Denny -

Ah, yes, the FWD and clearance...

I remember when he was demonstrating it for Cap'n Kirk and I. The good Cap'n distracted him enough for me to sneak the camera out of my pocket. Oh Kraig...
lol.gif

Rich K. -

Wouldn't that be the magical power of cast irony?

Well, I finally found the carb cleaner, at Fleet Farm for $14.99+tax.I tried 4 local auto parts stores, all were sold out. Art bought the last one at the Checker Auto in Hudson, I had stoppd in and didn't see any so I asked the guys behind the counter, they said "We don't have anything like that here!", Art stopped by the next day and found one on a bottom shelf somewhere.
15929.jpg

Hmmm, I was just watching the Plow Day V1.0 Uncut video last night (someone ordered a copy so I was watching it while it was recording.) Within the first few minutes of the video, there is Dan H. plowing with his 4wd 100.
15931.jpg

Note, the above photo is not a still from the video, it's a photo taken by Chris B.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 19, 2004)

I was taking photos, to email to a forum member, of the magnetic heater for helping the hydros start in cold weather so I thought I'd post them here for any others that were curious about it. (To give proper credit for this idea, I first heard about it from David Schmidt.)
15933.jpg

15934.jpg

Kraig Do you put the heater on motor or hydro rear end are we trying to heat oil or hy-tran.

Thanks

Hey Guys, what exactly is the "SuperSteer" front axle that Wyatt is referring to in his earlier post? Is this the axle off of the x82 series or an aftermarket addition? Just curious.

As a side note, I got my K321 built up to the point of installing the top balance gear and need to get some more time to finish it up. I know some say that the balance gears are a waste of time but I'm installing them anyway. It's coming together nicely. Hopefully it will be finished in the next week if I can find the time!

Steve

15936.jpg

Paul, I put the heater under the hydro rear end to heat the Hy-Tran, it isn't as flat on the bottom of the hydro as the cutaway drawing shows.

15937.jpg

It would be easier to put it just above the drawbar on the back of the hydro and would likely get better heat transfer due to the flat surface, but I have a weight bracket and a larger battery mounted there.

Steve, it's the axle out of an MTD Cub Cadet 1541 though it's used in some other models.
15939.jpg

What I want to know is how Kraig gets this hot magnet to stick to wood! ;-)
15942.jpg

Steve S-
Ever think of taking up Hockey?
That way you could use those balance gears for what they're good for!
<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Bryan - We all know ANY AWD can get stuck if You try hard enough... BT-DT Myself....Dan's FWA still kept going at PD #1 in spite of pushing a big pile of soybean straw ahead of it. Pile My weights on My 72 pushed up ground Me to a stop. I was really impressed the way that tractor could pull with NO extra weights.

Back