• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 17, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thurman, congratulations on the first 169, makes we wonder if there are any other firsts out there.

As I looked at the pictures my first thought was this is one Cub that should be restored (not refurbished) back to original as a show tractor, but further thought says this is how it came from the factory on most accounts. As we all know these are working tractors whether a 100 pointer or a 50 pointer and I applaud the fact you recognized this enough to keep it.

Jeff B: You are welcome,it was my pleasure to share the pictures of my 169. It has always been one of my favorite cubs, but I guess being the first makes it a little more special.

Hyro Harry : Thanks for the help getting these pictures on the forum.

Update: Firstly - much thanks for the input on the 122/126 interchangeablilty.

Went to have a look-see at the 122 with the idea of having an engine donor for my 126. In my pea brain, I'm thinkin' I hit a gold mine. The 122 IMHO is a basket case - at least for my abilities to restore it and given the 126 is the GD of the moment, this 122 should be a great donor.

The engine started and ran great on the tractor after pointing out to the PO that he ought to rely on giving the engine something other than a shot of starting fluid. Once some gas was given, the engine fired-off and ran smooth and smoke free. This engine was not the original, it was black and I gather a crate engine.

One of the things I wanted was the tractor to start and run such that you could drive it onto my trailer. I got enough crippled tractors and I didn't want another one (even if a parts tractor) . The tractor seemed somewhat strong going forward, but the clutch would slip in reverse, but none the less, it drove up onto my trailer.

Tractor came with a front blade, a deck with cast iron sides - maybe 38 inch, might be a 42 inch deck, I didn't see a tag.

The front blade appears to be in good shape and has round skid shoes at each side.

Not sure how this "pin on" type attachment is going to work with the quick hitch, but I've got plenty of time to work through it.

Aside from the engine, this tractor had a 3 point hitch (what I call sleeve hitch) - less the actual brackets that come out to meet a moldboard plow. It has the linkage to the lift handle, the cast iron pivot at the top rear and round bar to it and the lower bracket that bolts to the bottom of the transmission. It also has a spring assist. I assume all this stuff will fit my 126?

The engine has a solid muffler and a Walboro carb. Not sure why it wouldn't have a Carter carb, but it is what it is.

In addition to this, the PO gave me a box of parts. With it is an extra set of mowing blades, another muffler, carb, cast iron oil pan and head. The muffler is very solid and fairly new looking as though it has some surface rust, there is still a fair amount of galvanizes or aluminized metal untouched by rust. The carb body casting is not the same shape as the Walboro that's on the engine. Not sure if this is a Carter or how to tell, but I'll look into it going forward. I'll be using the extra muffler on the 109.

All in all, a great day.

paul Bell: I did buy the 169 locally from an estate auction in Borden Ind. several years ago. I knew the original owner, but I don't know if he worked at Harvester. It was purchased from the Ohio Valley dealership in New Albany. The dealership closed many years ago.

Don T: Who ya talking to? Could be me, cuz just got off the phone with you and told you that I could now talk on the phone and play confuser at the same time.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bill-The spring assist and the 3 point will fit your 126 but you will need the special U bracket to adapt it on the back of the tractor.

If you want to see if that is a Carter carb, it is usually stamped on the outside of the carb somewhere with the words "Carter Model N". You could look inside the throttle body and see if there is a "26" or a "30" stamped in it. This would be a dead give away.

Frank C - ya know I hate to tell you this, but if that Hour Meter is the beginning of a -100 point resto, you're gonna be going down hill fast (whether you worked the trunion over or not). For the life of me I'm trying to figure out when you're gonna read the hour meter, and just how you're gonna do it. That is assuming you installed it in reverse on purpose in that little side panel. I think even when you open the hood you won't be able to read those digital numbers. You'd have a better chance if it was the original style with dials and arms.
correct%20police.gif

Tom H - you know, I did mention the W/F clutch assembly was an improvement over the N/F versions. But even saying that I'll bet you have to replace throwout bearings or the disk about every 5-10 years, and the Hydro trunion repair and adjustment is probably about once every 20-30 years.
And one more thing just so you know - I did have a late series 1200 Quiet Line one time AND I REALLY LIKED THAT TRACTOR. When I sold it I really hated to see it go. It ran great, looked sweet, and that 12hp really seemed to have the power - and as I mentioned before - would pop wheelies without a mowing deck attached since it had the lower aluminum grill housing.
Cub Cadet - ONE TOUGH TRACTOR (Gear Drive or Hydro)

Bill J - I don't know what you tell you. I suspect you got a later 12hp crate engine that came with the Walbro carb. Rest of it is just like the original Kohler except the aluminum oil pan you already discovered. But I still say just drop it in the 109 and get yourself some 129 decals (they have the red accent stripe and are the sharpest, although the 128 has red too).
Nice you got the 3point sleeve hitch but it won't work on the 109/129. Keep up with the good finds. Have you considered a chain hoist in your shed or garage to sorta keep it hid from you kno who? (I kept mine hid under my deck when I was CT, and think I must have had at least 15 there are one point)

Well I took the engine out to change the ISO mounts and found out the oil pan was in bad shape. So I went surfing. I found a New aluminum one on ebay that was at 11.00 with 2 days left ,so I put a 30.00 cap on it and kept surfing. The next day I find a used cast iron one for 40.00 so I bought it and forgot all about the one on ebay. So I guess everyone knows where this is going. ebay sends me email I won the aluminum one too. Which one should I use?

I found part of my serial tag but not all of it. Added some goodies but I can't put it back in till the oil pan's get here.

254085.jpg

254086.jpg

254087.jpg

Did anyone see this. I have <u>Zero, Zip or Nada</u> to do with it but it's pretty damn cool!
254089.jpg

I saw that posted on gw's pulling facebook group site. I agree, nicest original I have ever seen.

Tom......I just got over drooling over that one on Sleazbay.....now I pop in here and I'm drooling again.
Nice workmanship and detail. I will forgive the Briggs with that kind of quality.

Hi I worked on my cc 104 today and all Im getting is clicking at the selanod I have to find a gas tank for it to

James T - first thing I think of with just clicking at the solenoid is a weak or dead battery. Might try jumping it.

I can't find S or SP on the fly wheel. how do I clean it to see the mark?

Well guys when Frank C call last night ;he said he was getting snow; So he might have some action pictures for us.We did get some snow also, But I don`t have a cub to move snow today
bash.gif

It will be a shop day for me with the 1512 valve adjust and pulling the 125 engine to see the trimming marks had not move out of speck. Frank said it was easy to do when you slide the crank in place
1a_scratchhead.gif
. So I will have a busy day in my shop.
Wayne S ; did you get that tractor you told me about ?? I have to know if the trip you had planned worked out for you.

I think I will need to buy some more batteries for spring time. I think I will put all my cubs on my front lawn for a photo and up date my profile picture. I will be able to add the 129 loader and the 125 and 4 more to the picture.Might make a list of all my attachments also.I just can`t believe that I got the crank cam timing off on the 125 .
bash.gif
but just to be SURE I will pull it today. and a report on a oil dip stick mistake also. I will be confession time lol.
old.gif

Must have been my pain meds that caused all those mistakes .

Latest posts

Back