• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to Charlie's comments, tractors that have been shuttle shifted back and forth between fwd and rev a lot while mowing, etc. can get rounded gear tooth edges that will cause them to jump out under heavier than normal loads.

I agree with Steve. My 1200 pops out of 2nd, but no other gear, and not unless fully loaded. Have come across others with the same thing. But have also seen the bent shift fork like Digger said. I know I use 2nd a lot, especially mowing, like anyone else. Probably time to open up the top and see inside.

Very true. Our 122 is notorious for coming out of reverse and will occasionally jump out of second if its plowing under tough conditions.

Christopher
Have you sorted your backfiring problem yet?
As Ron suggested, it could be the spark plug. I recently spent many hours and lots of $$$ on a Kawasaki (in another colour tractor) that used to run well and then suddenly would not start. Just backfiring. First I suspected a sheared flywheel key and battled for weeks to get the flywheel off. I then replaced expensive electronic components. I pulled the head to check possible stuck valves and was about to pull the engine apart to check the automatic compression release. In the end, it was a brand new NGK spark plug that fails under compression. Needless to say NGK did not bother to respond to my emailed complaint. My school fees sometimes hurts!

Well I've scoured the internet, archives and posts and not had any success so I have to pose the question to the general forum population....
I have a 190-451-100 2 stage snow blower and I have been trying to determine what model and what yr cub cadets it belongs to. Been able to get to the manual which is great, but nothing showing me what it came off of. Greatly appreciate any help or direction to find the answer.
tks - Jeff

Well further to my snowblower 451 question..... I was able to identify through parts lookup that the 451 came with the 1440, and 1641, to start, pehaps others as well..... this leads to the next question.... The 451 has 5/8" belt pulleys, and both the 1440 and 1641 have V-twin engines and 5/8 PTO.. and of course (just because) I'm playing with modifying my 1650 by adding the 451 to it. To me the easiest and cheapest route would be replace the 5/8 pulleys of the 451 with 3/8 to match the 1650 3/8 PTO. Any thoughts? has anyone made this or any other mod on a 1650 (or other) to power the 451 snowblower? Mounting is not an issue it appears to be only pulley size. May run through belts faster but think I'd be ok??

Question in general...probably best suited for David Kirk.

As an example, in a K341 that does not have grenade gears, can the crank counter balance be used to reduce any vibration? I came across another article (yep...reading again) and this was apparently done. I always just assumed they were for engines with grenade gears that have been removed.

TIA

Jeff B.
It will fit pretty much anything that pushes to lift ,like the 1440,1572,1641,1772,1861,1862,1863,1864,1782,2082,2084,2086, 2182,2284 Pretty much all the supers and a few others.
The 1650 PTO size is probably going to be way off for the 451.

Wayne, can you share the article? It sounds alot like what I was thinking. But I want to include the flywheel to help change the harmonics.

Mike-

It was also in the spring 2014 edition of Cadet Connection as I mentioned the other day about Charlies art work. The article was written by Tim DeLooza and titled "Little Projects". I don't know how I can share the actual article or if it's even legal to do so without permission (I'm betting Charlie would know). If you get the magazine and happen to have this copy the problem is solved. If not, the only way would be for me to send it to you which I would be glad to do. My email is in my profile if we need to exchange addresses.

BTW, this edition also has a good article written by Steve B. on mower deck upgrades/improvements.

Back