• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
Keith - I couldn't remember if it was a 2.8L V-6 or a 4.3 We had a 2.8L in an '83 S-10 2 WD Blazer. It would have been a great little engine for a SWB pickup but just a bit underpowered in a Blazer w/ Auto. trans. I got tired of getting passed by little girls on "Big Wheel" tricycles so traded it for a 5.0L 5-speed Mustang GT.
Shift.gif

DENNIS- hey now, there ya go! good trade! i had a few 302's...my first car was a 1979 ford mustang COBRA. had the 351w and a 4-speed on the floor. colors were silver with a orange stripe on the bottom. but i also had a 1987 camero with the 2.9 tune-port induction....5-speed,was not too bad all around.

Dennis, see thats what happens when you spend too many brain cells on too many projects!

The 782.8 (782 with a 2.8 - hence the 782.8) is coming along. I have all the major components in and actually hooked a battery up and made flames come out of the exhaust ports. Ill get some pics up after i get a new camera - shop camera got ran over by a 782D with chains on. It has passed over to the other side now...

Aaron-
That same thing happened to my camera at one of Travis' first Plow Days. Luckily the soft spring soil allowed the camera to sink into the ground and the camera still worked!
jawdrop.gif

I would take a pic of the camera to show you what the inside of a digital camera looks like - but.....

Got some more done on the 782.8 and stole my wifes camera to take a couple of shots.

I got battery in and mounted, mounts up from underneath. Drive shaft is figured out and clears battery by 3/4". Custom stainless steel gas tank in the rear. Alternator fits under hood, and one side of the exhaust done. Thats taken a little work to get them all the same. Ignition wiring is in temporaly. Will post more as progress continues.

114762.jpg

114763.jpg

114764.jpg

114765.jpg

114766.jpg

114767.jpg

Well I got some more done. Thanks to my dad I recieved a power steering sector and was able to get it shortened and mounted. I have all the major components in now and have had the tractor started without the driveshaft hooked up. WOW! This thing is going to be fun.....

115075.jpg

115076.jpg

115077.jpg

115078.jpg

Hey Aaron.Very nice work on the 782.8-should be a show stopper when she's done.I'll be looking for new pics on this project-keep up the excellent craftsmanship.Keith W.

These photos are from Glen Smith, of his V blade that he adapted to fit a Cub Cadet and his custom hydraulic lift on a gear drive. I figured they belong in here.

Glen, what can you tell us about this?

115771.jpg

115772.jpg

115773.jpg

115774.jpg

115775.jpg

115776.jpg

115777.jpg

115778.jpg

115779.jpg

I'l bet that "V" blade will break open some serious snow. I'll also bet it's heavy as h--l. Fill us in Glen!

that would take a lot of weight on the rear wheels to move the ammount of snow the plow could handle. probably don't mean me dan, but the 4x4 I'm working on could probably do it
happy.gif

Dan W., "probably don't mean me dan, but the 4x4 I'm working on could probably do it" Ummm, Photos please!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, Denny was referring to Dan Hoefler's 4x4 100.

115824.jpg

Charlie, yes but with nearly 300lbs hanging off the front of his Cub Glen isn't gonna have much traction unless he really loads up the wheels and adds some off the back. How much does that Lantz V blade weigh? Have you had that hooked up to one of your Cubs yet? With all the snow you've had that could be fun for drift busting!
buttrock.gif

Glen, have you tried your V- blade yet?

Kraig
A Lantz Sno-Vee weighs quite a bit less than a IH 42" spring trip blade, at least mine does.

Latest posts

Back