Archive through February 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having trouble with the search feature on the site.

Kraig M can you post pics of the (root mower) again for me?

yes,the one with the jeep type body. there was one of these in a barn behind a house my grandmother used to rent. we played on it all the time when we were kids. brought back some fond memories and would like to share it with relatives. now that I have the name correct I will google it.

Kraig M, thanks much I Found it by search and some cool additional info via google.

Paul
Have you thought about using a "Log Sulkie"

79482.jpg

You hook the rear chain then use the tongue as a lever and lift the log. Then hook the front chain to hold the log off the ground. Hitch the pivoting tongue to your cub and go. This also helps in suspending the log to place sawing blocks.

Not yet...she'll be getting some special affection today though, broke the shifter last night ;)

There was some discussion about the lock button on the manual implement lift handle. I placed an order for two of these but they seem to be on backorder.

I'll start calling the sponsers above, but first does anyone know of a place that does have them ?

Oh, I'd like to get two of the plastic grips also.

I did have "some" luck removing a button from one tractor and installing it into a different tractor. But, I either damaged it or didn't install it correctly since it fell out yesterday.

Paul VB

hello guys its nice and warm here this morning after a night of high winds and rain,there is a snow blower for sale up here and i thought i would share it with you all. DonT
79485.jpg

Charlie, you gave the chain spec on the QA42. Is it the same spec for the 190-350 chain? Thanks!

Those JD 430's have always looked HUGE to me. I've never looked at one up close, only in pics, but it seems that they are much bigger than any of the Cubs. Is this just the pics or were there any cubs made comparable to the 430 in size, hp, and overall capability?

I think thats an optical delusion, they have to get up close at the right angle to make them look more manly than they really are.
lol.gif

Tim, thanks for jarring my memory!

Paul, here's a log skid that Tony W. (I think it was Tony) built.

79487.jpg

79488.jpg

79489.jpg

They look pretty manly to me. I'd love to have one. Although, I'd rather have a comparable cub.

Kraig - Flip the pic over and see who's name is on the back.
I could'a used one of those a few times. I'd widen the axle a little more though for stability. A couple hundered pounds on the tounge of that and it'd haul a good load.
Maybe somebody ought to build a Cub chassis wrecker for Plow Days.

Shane, here's some info on that Brinly hoist like Mike G. has. Now you can delete the photo with the JD in it.
happy.gif

79493.jpg

79494.jpg

People if you want Kraig to give you credit for your pics when he archives them you're gonna have to put your name on the back of them !

Latest posts

Back