• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig - here ya go, as promised.

Thanks John

51586.jpg

51587.jpg

The 109/129 doesn't like the cold. It wanted to fire, but kept kicking out and just puffing. I put the magnetic heater on the differential and hooked the charger to the battery, then use the 18" manual trim blade on the patio and swept the snow out of the Cub shed. I didn't want to shut the door with the charger and heater running. Gassed it up and started clearing the drive with the 42" blade.
Finished that, then headed down the block to clear the walk. Cleared the drive aprons for three neighbors, then did the whole drive for another one. (His drive is wide, and the grass along the edge is below the pavement. I hate tearing up people's yards.)
It's still snowing and blowing. I stuck a yardstick in several places in the yard, and got readings of anywhere from six to nine inches. We probably had 2-3" down before today's snow. Forecast was for 2-4" today, less than an inch tonight. May have been off a bit.
You can almost see a gable outline on the garage. Only problem is, the garage has a hip roof.

Got some good news today from my local cub dealer.
Seems he wants to clean out his store room of all the old NOS cub cadet parts cluttering up the place.
He will be letting me know what he all has in a few weeks.

Charlie, check your e-mail, you got incomming.

Ice, Ice, and more Ice, I just got done plowing all of the sleet, and black ice, and freezing rain, and snow off of my driveway forthe second time today. I am still shiverin. I really need to get a cab. I didn't need chains, my ag's did splendidly, I was very surprised, especially with the blade down movin all that weight up hill. I found that goin at the icy crap mix like you would regular snow, didn't do a thing, but draggin my blade backwards really worked, is scraped it all off. I need to get some salt though (asphalt drive, won't hurt it)... my neighbor is gonna pick me up some tomorrow.

We had about 2 inches of snow before things turned to a mixture of freezing rain and sleet. Was able to make a quick pass with the QA42A, and blew some of the loose stuff away. My main tool tomorrow will be my 4wd pickup and 4 bags of sand in the back of it. Up North in South Central PA they are calling for up to a foot of snow, down south of Baltimore it might just be rain later tonight when the main storm hits. I'm afraid I will be stuck with immovable ice for at least the next week, as temps will be stuck under 32 until past President's Day.

Glen,
I probably should have taken the 102 with the blade down the drive, it would have scraped a little cleaner, but without lights I hate to risk running it down by the road.

GL: Correct. The serial number can let you use the production figures to determine the series but you need that 4-digit munber preceeding the U to determine the exact model. A number of us on this forum have those 4-digit numbers but they are not yet posted in the FAQ. Post your complete Kind/Code/Serial Number and you will get the model it identifies and what it was when it left the factory.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Ok boys,

I ordered all the parts today from one of the website links. After doing some careful measurements, Here is what I have on it's way.

K181

New...

Piston and rings (STD)
Rod (STD)
Governor Gear
Governor bushing
Crank Bearings
Valves
Gasket kit

I forgot to ask if the gasket kit includes crank seals.

The service manual mentions something about marks on the Rod and piston both being on the same side and installed in a certain direction.

Also, I would like to put a custom exhaust on it that would go out around the hood and up with a stack. any pictures?

My 1650 was hit by a car and the chassis is slightly twisted; after replacing or straightening what I could, the tractor vibrates like crazy when running.

It seems to vibrate more with the snow blower raised than with it on the ground.

I pulled the drive shaft and rag joints out; the shaft is traight but the rubber joints seem offset to one side. The engine runs good and smoth at full throttle with the shaft out.

Any thoughts? Is there anything inside the hydro unit that could be bent or broken?

The tractor works well enough to pull 1/2 a cord of wood on a trailer but vibrates so much my legs fall asleep.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

My tires are currently filled with water but no tubes.It helps with traction but you guys now have me thinking about long term wheel or tire damage!What are the thoughts of the wise?
roflol.gif

Back