• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcgiver, good to see ya post!
happy.gif

Tim G., it would be the tractor S/N not the engine S/N. The tractor S/N tag should be either on the rear of the tractor or on the left side of the frame.

Mike, what's on the back of that Original? Looks like it's duct taped on?????
dunno.gif

Thanks Kraig,

I clicked on the S/N link and it described it well. Mine is on the rear end. I'll read it and get back to you.

Tim

I'm on ice duty here in MD, we git missed completely by the snow, and got only Ice, I WANT SNOW...
bash.gif
destroy.gif
censored.gif
irritated.gif

This is an Email that is is a little off topic but I sure hope you guys are as lucky as this guy is at his job.

11 Years ago midnight tonight

There was this mechanic that always wanted a better life for himself and his family so 11 years ago he got in his old brown ford pickup that was loaded to the gills and came to this state alone. He had to leave his family behind for while because his second son was on the way. It was not an easy thing for him to do but he knew that this is what he really wanted to do with his life and he felt that his family would be better for it. Things turned out allot different than he initially planned there were allot of changes he really was not ready for that have hit him over the past decade. He made many mistakes along the way and still continues to make a few every now and again. For what it is worth though he has never regretted one time taking the position that he did here in this state. Most all of his family is far far away from him and sometimes he feels guilty for that. He has a family here though, and he just wanted to take a second to say thank you for being there.

Kraig – He’s put that funky seat and a hitch for his boat by doing some welding to it. I cringe every time he does it. I have tried to buy that little Cub from him many times; I would love to restore it.
This is a multi-tractorial pic, you can see the back of it a little better.
51569.jpg

Mike, ah, I see now. That looks like it has been mostly refurbished already, just "needs" some "proper" items like the hood decals, headlights, seat, muffler, and narrow rear rims. Looks like it's missing the hood ornament and "<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>" grill badge. Hmmm, is that lift rod bracket bolted or welded to the lift arm? Interesting spring assist setup. Any chance you could post a detail photo of that?
happy.gif

Hey big Mac when ya gonna call me ??

I'm glad somebody had snow, we didn't get none of the freezing rain sleet snow OR flooding rain they guessed. Just had a light shower of rain that I stayed out in. Not even enough for my monthly shower
sad.gif

Kraig - I'll get you a better pic when I see him tonight and ask him to sell it to me again. Lift rod is bolted and the helper spring is for a door, works great though.

G.L., update on the Kind/Code, sounds like Myron has deciphered more of the code and there is a Kind/Code for the earlier series.......

Mike, thanks! If you have not guessed by now, I like photos.
beerchug.gif

Here's a photo of the 1650 and some of the other items that sold near here last saturday.
51571.jpg

Tractor sold for $550 as I remember.
Missing the side panels.

Good snow today. Still snowing in fact. I'll be out again this evening.

51579.jpg

51580.jpg

51581.jpg

We've got so much blowing snow I don't know how much we have on the ground....things are pretty ugly in Central IL.

I think I'll venture out with the 782 after supper and see what I can stir up!!!

Those are great photos Mike!

Gee Charlie, I wonder what happened?
happy.gif

Kraig,
Am I correct in saying the large majority of Cub folks can not tell the model by looking at the serial # of the chassis.
g.l.

Latest posts

Back